Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:00:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Heads-up: Faking it, C4, 9pm

Started by gazzyk1ns, February 10, 2004, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gazzyk1ns

What the title says. I was really pissed off last week when I missed it so if this saves only one person from that then then I'm happy.

Go watch it, it's choirgirl to Courtney Love-style rawk bitch.

Edit: Forgot that the RT sticky thread was for this sort of thing so sorry... but having said that I never check it anyway, presumably others don't either.

Spaced Cadet

I forgot, thanks gazz. No, I can never be bothered to trawl through VW RT thread either, so I probably miss loads of really good things.

Ambient Sheep

Thanks ever so much for that Gaz, I heard about this a few weeks ago but I didn't know that it was on tonight.  I do look at the RT thread occasionally, but wouldn't have caught it until too late (probably tomorrow) if you'd posted it there.  Besides which they'll probably be some discussion about it which can go in here.

I'm taping it now and when the missus gets in we'll watch it.  It already looks brilliant from the off, even if it is an obvious attempt to recreate the success of the "classical cellist" to "cool DJ" one - the most famous episode.

no_offenc

The only difference here is that the girl is a complete twunt, and refuses to change her hairstyle, her singing style or anything.

Fucking snobby wanker.

sore bottom mum

she sounds a bit like the singer from x-ray spex...or could do

imitationleather

Everyone in this episode is a twat. EVERYONE.

I want to kill the "lads" in her band.

Tokyo Sexwhale

That blonde "trainer" is faking it more than the "snobby one".  

What a fucking stereotype.

sore bottom mum

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"That blonde "trainer" is faking it more than the "snobby one".  

I thought they're meant to show extremes....they could have gone to the same school

Frinky

I'm in love with the girl. No, really, I am. There's something about girls like that. I know, it's wrong, etc. But even so.

And yes, the trainer could do with a few more piercings, preferably from an anti-tank missile.

imitationleather

One of the bandmembers (the really annoying cunt one) looks just like the bloke who was in that Faking It where the punk becomes a composer.

Yes, 'Harry' is a massive faker. I would imagine the only reason they only put up with it is because she knows how to swallow a cock...

gazzyk1ns

Yeah the girl was cute but as no_offenc said, what a snob... she could have at least have had her fucking hair done!

The lead guitarist in her band (the completely bald, quieter one) was Myke Gray, from Jagged Edge and Skin. If "gazzyk1ns-vague fan of rock-sometimes, hasn't really listened to much since 6th form" knows that, surely "Mr. experienced been-in-the-business-for years judge" would know that? I dunno.

I caught literally the closing scene and credits from last week's ep, where the motorbike courier became a polo player. From that last little snippet I could see I'd missed a really good episode, the guy was saying he'll really miss it and that his outlook on life had altered slightly.

Tonight's was really disappointing though, wasn't it... the girl was really stuck up (everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame... but when mine comes and I refuse so much as to alter my hair, I hope someone will tell me something isn't right...) and like people have been saying, most other people in the programme were a bit unlikeable too. Ah well, maybe the dog trainer one next week will be better.

Frinky

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Yeah the girl was cute but as no_offenc said, what a snob... she could have at least have had her fucking hair done!

I like snobby girls. I liked her hair. I'm sure I could start to like S Club, if pushed. Probably the least convincing one so far, though.

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Edit: Forgot that the RT sticky thread was for this sort of thing so sorry... but having said that I never check it anyway, presumably others don't either.

Shall I change the header or attatch big fucking bells to it or something?

gazzyk1ns

Bells if possible please, yes. Er, I didn't mean that your thread was rubbish or anything, I think the fact that it's sticky there all the time teaches you to (paradoxically) ignore it and so it becomes less visible after a while. Having given it a quick read and reminded myself of it I will try to dip into it more often.

Edit: and I just realised that the "presumably others don't either" bit of what I said up there sounds wanky, what I meant was more like "presumably some people are in the same boat as me too.", so sorry.

TotalNightmare

As much as i like the show that is called Faking It, how could i possibly pass up CSI...

I love that show...

Sniff

David Qunt

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"Thanks ever so much for that Gaz, I heard about this a few weeks ago but I didn't know that it was on tonight.  I do look at the RT thread occasionally, but wouldn't have caught it until too late (probably tomorrow) if you'd posted it there.  Besides which they'll probably be some discussion about it which can go in here.

I'm taping it now and when the missus gets in we'll watch it.  It already looks brilliant from the off, even if it is an obvious attempt to recreate the success of the "classical cellist" to "cool DJ" one - the most famous episode.

Now that cellist realy did give me the RFH. Defintely wrong, but it's probably a Kate Winslet thing as far as I'm concerned. I reckon that cellist would have been only too glad to achieve her brown wings, albeit on the strength of her first Mitsubishi.

"Yeah, it's really goin' off in here"

<wallop>

<aaaaaargh....er I mean oooo>

:)

Darrell

Quote from: "David Qunt"Now that cellist realy did give me the RFH. Defintely wrong, but it's probably a Kate Winslet thing as far as I'm concerned. I reckon that cellist would have been only too glad to achieve her brown wings, albeit on the strength of her first Mitsubishi.

<wallop>

You're not doing much to counter the stereotyped view of CaB there, are you? Fucking grow up.

no_offenc

Because a sense of humour isn't allowed here.  Right?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"That blonde "trainer" is faking it more than the "snobby one".  

In fact, who in this episode WASN'T faking it? All I saw was end to end image-conscious wankery, more concerned with meaningless t-shirt mottos than music. Not my idea of rock'n'roll at all.

king mob

Quote from: "Johnny Yesno"

In fact, who in this episode WASN'T faking it? All I saw was end to end image-conscious wankery, more concerned with meaningless t-shirt mottos than music. Not my idea of rock'n'roll at all.

But Karen O was on it & she would never fake it as badly as the blonde bint.

Oooooooo, Karen,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Vermschneid Mehearties

QuoteYou're not doing much to counter the stereotyped view of CaB there, are you? Fucking grow up.

What do people think of CaB? Outsiders I mean. Any sceptical lurkers, now's your time to shine.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "David Qunt"Now that cellist realy did give me the RFH. Defintely wrong, but it's probably a Kate Winslet thing as far as I'm concerned. I reckon that cellist would have been only too glad to achieve her brown wings, albeit on the strength of her first Mitsubishi.
Yeah, she was cute (if the thought police will allow me to say that).  I wondered myself if she'd dropped something halfway through filming - she started off so uptight and unable to get into it and then suddenly, suddenly, she became a lot less inhibited and a lot freer and had become a natural.

As for last night's, all these negative comments have put me off so much I'm not sure whether I'm going to bother to watch it now.

Gazeuse

I'd say don't waste your time Sheepy.

I'll admit that I'm not a fan of this show, but at least the others I've seen appeared to have 'experts' that knew what they were talking about. Blind leading the blind was this one. Bloody hell, I thought I'd lost that Leeds accent!!!

imitationleather

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"I wondered myself if she'd dropped something halfway through filming - she started off so uptight and unable to get into it and then suddenly, suddenly, she became a lot less inhibited and a lot freer and had become a natural.

Haha, I'm such an idiot. I must have read that sentence about thirty times, wondering what you meant by 'drop something'. "Drop what? Some weight? Errr... I think Ambient Sheep is talking bollocks..."

And then suddenly it dawned (or rather, the penny dropped), you were talking about drugs. Obviously I'm far more innocent than I thought I was...

Gazeuse

Quote from: "imitationleather"[wondering what you meant by 'drop something'.
Hehe...That got me thinking too!!! I was pondering some sort of rectal release.

gazzyk1ns

I was thinking that Sheep just meant dropped scenes/footage, because I always assume they have on Faking It. APart from last night's, I've always loved it, but I think that in the last quarter of the programme, before the grand finale, they always do a bit of a "jump" time-wise or just leave out some final practice sessions, so the viewer is thinking "My god, they're still green around the ears, they'll never do it..."  [final performance]   "Jesus, what an improvement, they pulled it out of the bag on the night!"

David Qunt

Quote from: "Darrell"

<wallop>

You're not doing much to counter the stereotyped view of CaB there, are you? Fucking grow up.

I''ll thank you to watch your fucking mouth, you up-yourself cunt.

Look at the comments above mine and explain why you chose to single me out for expressing some humour. On the general discussion board of a comedy forum.......      

Apart from that I wasn't aware that it was my job to counter stereotypes, here or elsewhere,and furthermore I don't recall anyone asking you to either.

Perhaps you should just chill the fuck out.

king mob

I think a nice big picture of Karen O is needed for anyone to drool over.

Frinky

God, I hate her.

Sorry, but I do. She's a s*****c. A really annoying s*****c. I'd kill her, in half a second. Oh, I would. Watch me.