Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:45:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Heads-up: Faking it, C4, 9pm

Started by gazzyk1ns, February 10, 2004, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frinky

Pffft. She doesn't even look female there. And she has lumpy armpits. Man!

Quote from: "Unhappydisgustingwow"That's better than someone telling you you look like Alison Moyet though (which is what my boyfriend's Dad said to me at the weekend.)
Yes, I did start crying.

Is this who you mean? Is that a bad thing? Doesn't look like it from there... won't dig me a hole no deeper, just in case.

king mob

Quote from: "Frinky"Pffft. She doesn't even look female there. And she has lumpy armpits. Man!

From that angle she looks very female!

TraceyQ

king mob

Ahhh, sweet memories of Reading last year...............

Quote from: "Frinky"Pffft. She doesn't even look female there. And she has lumpy armpits. Man!

Quote from: "Unhappydisgustingwow"That's better than someone telling you you look like Alison Moyet though (which is what my boyfriend's Dad said to me at the weekend.)
Yes, I did start crying.

Is this who you mean? Is that a bad thing? Doesn't look like it from there... won't dig me a hole no deeper, just in case.

Yeah that's her. She's quite a big woman, and I don't think we look alike at all. You judge...

ME

Or is it Alison Moyet?

Uncanny eh?

imitationleather

You do look sort of similar, except that Alison's not pouting as much as you.

Oh yes, I know how to handle the lady-people.

Frinky

No, no real similarity, I'll grant you, although your photo looks like someone you don't like has tapped you on the opposite shoulder, "for a laugh like," and you're spinning around and preparing to glass them.

Maybe it's the glasses? Frink, you're an idiot.

I'm going to flounce off now in a strop.

Alison fucking Moyet

imitationleather

Cuh, women.

I'd be really flattered if someone said I looked like Alison Moyet. Well, maybe not.

Although, whenever I go somewhere that requires a search before entrance, I'm always made to stand in the female queue. Surely that's more offensive than the mix-up you were involved in. At least she's the same gender as you!

Frinky

*sighs*

I guess it had to be done...

This is all because I like Ghostbusters 2 isn't it Frinky?!

gazzyk1ns

God almighty Mob, you fancy that Karen-O woman? She looks like a manlier version of Vernon Kaye.

Bextor is a right weirdo, she went out with some bloke my mum's friend knows for about 8 years, then she ditches him for this other bloke and gets sprogged up within a couple of months. Weirdo.

Ghostbusters II is a great film, it's just more of an out-and-out comedy than the first one, i.e. aimed at a youger audience. Snot as good as the original but hey, sequels only occasionally are.

Frinky

No, while that's a sin against nature itself*, you agree the first is better, thus you are spared the real horror.  You should be honoured, this is your first mong, surely? Or have there been others....?

*How could they say in the second one that they don't believe in ghosts given the events of the first film? I mean, seriously. And  walking Statue of Liberty? How'd it even get off it's platform? And what did they do to the car? And why is Winston still a token black man? And why'd they change Slimer?

Oh, and I can always remove it.

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Bextor is a right weirdo, she went out with some bloke my mum's friend knows for about 8 years, then she ditches him for this other bloke and gets sprogged up within a couple of months. Weirdo.

SHUT UPSHUT UPSHUT UP!

Quote from: "Frinky"No, while that's a sin against nature itself*, you agree the first is better, thus you are spared the real horror.  You should be honoured, this is your first mong, surely? Or have there been others....?  

Yes, it is my first mong thankyou.

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Ghostbusters II is a great film, it's just more of an out-and-out comedy than the first one, i.e. aimed at a youger audience. Snot as good as the original but hey, sequels only occasionally are.

Ya hear that Frink, huh? HUH?!!

Ooh double post me. What a twat I am.

Frinky

It was my favourite when I was a kid, I'll say that much...

But later on in life I began to hate it for the subtle difference between the equipment used in both films, made my life a misery trying to make accurate replicas...

If it's so good, how comes it's always on TV? Surely the best films never are... like the original?

That's a deeply flawed argument, feel free to destroy it. But it's the best I've got, so be kind. Especially you, UDW, I made you famous!

gazzyk1ns

Hehe I expect the reason I like it is that I loved everything Ghostbusters when I was little. It's impossible to tell though, as I first saw/loved the first one back then too...

The only thing I hate in the 2nd one is that Rik Moranis' character (Louis?) gets the credit for blasting the big slime shell away, when clearly the heroes of the day are the 'busters themselves.

Quote from: "Frinky"It was my favourite when I was a kid, I'll say that much...

But later on in life I began to hate it for the subtle difference between the equipment used in both films, made my life a misery trying to make accurate replicas...

Ok I understand you loving it when you were younger and hating it now. When I was 8 I thought that Michael Jackson's "Moonwalker" was the best film ever. Saw it 2 months ago, big pile of cack.

Frinky

Also... which had the better soundtrack?

Ghostbusters: "Ghostbusters."

Ghostbusters II: "Some Shit By Bobby Brown."

Case closed.

Quote from: "Frinky"Also... which had the better soundtrack?

Ghostbusters II: "Some Shit By Bobby Brown."

Case closed.

"Too hot to handle/Too cold to hold!/They call em Ghostbusters/And they're in control!"

Frinky

Frink drops to knees, tears in his eyes,,,, It is raining

Matt: "Noooooooooooooooooo!"

Camera pans out. Frink is alone, in a dark street.

I hope you're happy. You've made me cry.

Edit: This is the best thread tangent ever.

glitch

Ghostbusters wins hands down, surely?

#2 has no "Yes, it's official, this man has no dick" line from Bill Murray. Ok, so the whole scene has to be watched for that to be funny, but I hope you know which scene I mean...

king mob

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"God almighty Mob, you fancy that Karen-O woman? She looks like a manlier version of Vernon Kaye.

Oh god, dont bring Vernon Kay into my dream of Karen O, it makes me feel all violent & wanting to kill the fucking twat.

Thankfully thoughts of Karen O supresses this violent urge..........

Hans

Quote from: "xerode"Ghostbusters wins hands down, surely?

#2 has no "Yes, it's official, this man has no dick" line from Bill Murray. Ok, so the whole scene has to be watched for that to be funny, but I hope you know which scene I mean...

#2 also lacks the 'you're right, no human could stack books like this' line which I always loved.  The second one also goes horribly patriotic and sentimental towards the end, none of that in the first.