Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:31:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Started by eluc55, August 01, 2013, 02:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eluc55

Star Wars: VII
Batman vs Superman
New Bond film
Finding Nemo 2
Avengers 2
Antman
Assassin's Creed (film)
Pirates of The Caribbean 5
Fantastic 4 (rebooted)
Independence Day 2
Jurassic Park 4
Kung-Fu Panda 3
Mission Impossible 5

Biggest box office year in history? Best ever year for fans of Hollywood blockbusters? A possible all time low for cinema? Just a list of sequels for Sam's thread?

If I can put aside my cynicism for a second, I have to admit the huge, nerdy kid in me is stupidly excited about Batman vs Superman,  really looking forward to Bond, Star Wars and Avengers 2, and morbidly curious about Independence Day.

In reality, there's only a couple I'd actually expect to be any good.

That is a lot of sequels, though.   

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: eluc55 on August 01, 2013, 02:15:23 AM
Star Wars: VII
Batman vs Superman
New Bond film
Finding Nemo 2
Avengers 2
Antman
Assassin's Creed (film)
Pirates of The Caribbean 5
Fantastic 4 (rebooted)
Independence Day 2
Jurassic Park 4
Kung-Fu Panda 3
Mission Impossible 5

Blimey, that's quite an impressive list there, at least by blockbuster standards. I imagine a few of them will flop, or be a bit by the numbers (Pirates 5, Avatar 2, maybe the Assassin's Creed flick (I know nothing about it other than it's based on a game), but out of that lot I'll probably see Star Wars: VII, Batman vs Superman, Finding Nemo 2, Avengers 2, Antman, Independence Day 2, and Jurassic Park 4, and am even vaguely optimistic about the ones in bold. And as long as ID2 doesn't take it self seriously it might turn out okay as well.

BlodwynPig

A dearth of (good) ideas, basically.

Tiny Poster

Other films will also be released, Blodders.

Alberon

Actually interested in a new Star Wars film for the first time in fourteen years. Finding Dory is a sequel, but it is a Pixar sequel and a lot of their follow ups are better than many first efforts by others.

Avatar 2 will probably be at least as tedious as the original. Independence Day 2 will be worse. In fact, the only good thing ever to come out of the first Independence Day film was a tie-in radio drama on Radio 1 which at one point had Patrick Moore in a stand up fist fight with an alien.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Alberon on August 01, 2013, 11:48:10 AM
Finding Dory is a sequel, but it is a Pixar sequel and a lot of their follow ups are better than many first efforts by others.

Yes.  Cars 2 was far superior to Cars in almost every way.

checkoutgirl

Antman 1 - Hurray!!!

Assasins Creed - Oh dear.

Independence Day 2 - Oh fuck!! That can't be good, can it ?

Hang on, it's not even 2014 yet. Surely there'll be films in 2014, no ? This speculation and talking about films before they come out is getting out of hand. I'd rather the surprise of looking at the side of a bus and going "Oh yeah, that film is out". I learnt my lesson with The Dark Knight, I nearly ruined that film by watching teasers and talking about it and jizz.

Alberon

Quote from: Kane Jones on August 01, 2013, 11:55:58 AM
Yes.  Cars 2 was far superior to Cars in almost every way.

Toy Story 2 AND 3?

Kane Jones

Quote from: Alberon on August 01, 2013, 12:04:16 PM
Toy Story 2 AND 3?

Well yes, of course.   I guess I mentioned Cars because I found the first one pretty boring, mainly because I hate 'sport' movies.  Cars 2 was more like a Bond film and therefore, much more entertaining.

small_world

Independence Day 2 - Could be great, IF they apply the Alien(s) treatment and change up the style. Maybe make a real gritty one, or something very comical/OTT.

Is there no District 10?

Alberon

I haven't seen either of the Cars films to be honest. In general Pixar seems to have kept its general ethos to good filmmaking intact even though it is now just another tentacle of the mighty Disney empire.

The large wodge of sequels in 2015 is no different from other years really. This year will see Elysium, Gravity and Ender's Game released. I'm hoping the last isn't derailed by the arguments over the original novel author's anti-gay beliefs.

Alberon

As for District 10 the creator of District 9 has said this.

QuoteFirst up is District 10, the potential sequel to sci-fi smash District 9. Stating that he has a great idea for the movie, Blomkamp explained:  "I really want to make a District 9 sequel. I genuinely do. The problem is I have a bunch of ideas and stuff that I want to make. I'm relatively new to this – I'm about to make my third film, and now the pattern that I'm starting to realise is very true is that you lock yourself into a film beyond the film you're currently working on. But it just doesn't work for me.

"I don't know if it works for other directors, but the amount of ideas and the amount of different places I want to go through the duration of making one film, means that I have no idea what else I want to do during that process. I only know at the end. So if I say I want to make District 10, and then I have 50 ideas while I'm making [next film] Chappie, and when I get to the end I don't want to make it, it's not a good place to be at. But I know I want to make District 10 at some point."

In other words, dunno.

Tiny Poster

His next film is called Chappie? The devil, you say!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Tiny Poster on August 01, 2013, 11:08:57 AM
Other films will also be released, Blodders.

*Skips with delight*

small_world

How come you've got all that good karma?

Tiny Poster

I think people like him

small_world

I can see why.
But THAT much?
C'mon.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: small_world on August 01, 2013, 02:55:38 PM
I can see why.
But THAT much?
C'mon.

it's like pumping prostitutes iron, all that hard work gets its just desserts.

Plus, when i meet a Cabber, i buy them a drink and get them drunk, I then get them to login to their account and repay me with 10 gleaming karma.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Tiny Poster on August 01, 2013, 02:50:24 PM
I think people like him

Funny that. In the last 2 weeks alone, I have been called loathsome, a hairy midget cunt and a slackjawed weasel. But that was in real life, admittedly.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Back To The Future II