Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:36:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2013 : Final : Miles v Fry

Started by Miles, August 04, 2013, 05:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

A good effort by Fry but Miles is the potatoshopkeeper.

kittens

Small Man Big Horse

Miles' work is astonishing, but Fry made me laugh more this year.

Butchers Blind

eluc55

Miles' are technically and artistically brilliant; the sort of thing you'd want as a poster on your bedroom wall.

On the other hand, I think Fry's are funnier - especially the text under his last one.

Really don't know which to pick.

Okay; Miles - as it's the final, and skills like those can't go unrewarded.

Miles as fry should of been DQ in round 1. ;)

Heid The Baw

Miles. The second one is particularly brilliant.

wosl

Great ideas in all shots going on, here.  On that basis, it comes down to execution.  Graphically, Miles has more fully integrated all the funny bits (although, arguably, he has less funny bits to integrate).  The Wibbly Wobbly poster[nb]Have no idea whether, and if so to what degree its layout is derived from another source[/nb] is a cute idea, rendered in lovely close tones of yellow ochre and blood orange. The selected pic of Stevie and  his 'guess commentary' on Fry's football DVD cover made me smile (in a non-PC way of course), but Miles takes it, for me.

wosl

Miles[nb]I see now I should've put his name at the start.  Soz.[/nb]

gabrielconroy

Fry's were funnier, but having experienced the subtle delights of Miles' skills from the other side of the net and read of his heartbreak in previous years, I'm going to go with him.

Thursday

Miles He can't lose another final, it wouldn't be right. Especially to a man who should have been disqualified!

Cerys

Quote from: Thursday on August 20, 2013, 03:22:59 PMEspecially to a man who should have been disqualified!

Why should Fry have been disqualified?

alcoholic messiah

Quote from: Cerys on August 20, 2013, 08:56:02 PM
Why should Fry have been disqualified?

He shouldn't. Delete and Thursday just have a eurocentric attitude towards punctuality.

Cerys

Quote from: alcoholic messiah on August 20, 2013, 09:01:44 PM
He shouldn't. Delete and Thursday just have a eurocentric attitude towards punctuality.

How very boring of them.

The Wimblewrong Nazi

Voting is over.

The scores are in.

Miles 16 Fry 8

Miles wins

Well done mate

Fry

Like I've always said, if you're going to lose to anyone. Lose to Miles.

Good work, buddy.

Fry

Cerys

Congratulations and well done, Miles; commiserations and thanks for the giggles, Fry!

Thursday

Quote from: Cerys on August 20, 2013, 09:53:01 PM
How very boring of them.

I'm just pretending to care about it when I don't with the intention of being humorous.

Cerys

Miles

O no way, voting is over already?!

Many thanks to those incredibly lovely people who voted,
but I must say I thought Mr Fry's were by far the funnier shots;
well played my good man, it was fun!

Quote from: Fry on August 20, 2013, 11:04:41 PM
Do I get a runner's up medal?

I had a charming medal ready to go, but the other Fry took it;

Replies From View

Miles is more accomplished with the jiggery pokery but Fry takes it for me with the places his brain goes.

Edit:
Oh bollocks; didn't read the second page to realise voting was over.  Didn't even spot Fry had done his final shot until now.

Fry