Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:00:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2013 : Final : Miles v Fry

Started by Miles, August 04, 2013, 05:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crabwalk

Balls, I missed the deadline too. Miles' shots were as incredible as ever but Fry would've got my vote for their overall hilarity. Commiserations to him and congratulations to Miles, the King of the Wimble.

Johnny Yesno

Good win, Miles. I'd love to see the artwork that inspired these shots:

I feel I'm not getting a reference in the second one, in particular.

Crabwalk

In case Miles has gone back into hibernation, here's the inspiration for the Theresa May poster:

Can't help with the Argento reference or ice lollies but would love the inside track on those too.
[nb]On behalf of CaB: please, please post year-round Miles![/nb]

Ein Sof

I do not know where the other posters originate from, but I do know that Dario Argento was included in a book called "Spaghetti Nightmares", which was written as a reference guide to Italian horror films. Since a lot of Westerns made by Italians are similarly referred to as "spaghetti westerns", maybe that was what Miles was paying sly homage to.

Miles

Crabwalk has that one spot on, the other poster I ripped off for the pasta thing is this;

and the wibbly wobbly wonder is a real ice-pop

so I just made up the poster for that one after looking at a load of old american food and popsicle wrappers.

Fry's were way funnier.

Johnny Yesno

Yep, I was missing something, alright. Thanks for filling in the blanks, Miles and Crabwalk. I know I've said this before but you are truly an artist, Miles. Those shots really demonstrate how limiting the number of colours gives a professional result. Not something I've got much idea of myself.

Edit: Ha! I've only just noticed that May has a frilly blouse, in contrast to Ilsa's cleavage-exposing shirt.