Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:05:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Simpsons to reveal gay character

Started by vladyeti, July 28, 2004, 07:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lt Plonker

Just found this on the gotfuturama.com site:

The New York times posted a rather elaborate story about the Simpsons' season finale. This being a futurama site, you might ask: "What does this have to do with Futurama?". The following quote will tell you that:

The jokes are rapid-fire and random: Brockman says the rock "will soon be more than just a place for teens to have sex and commit suicide," and the scene cuts to a teenager jumping off, asking, "Why did they cancel `Futurama?' " — a reference to another show created by Matt Groening, the man behind "The Simpsons."

Heh.

I've always loved Futurama myself. I think it's the geekiness of it compared to The Simpsons that appeals to me. It's such an extraordinarily well crafted show, in terms of the world that Fry et all inhabit - the consistency of back-referencing, multitude of alien langauges and general well-roundedness of it all - bits like the swarm of owls that replace rats as the New York pest. They're never explained in the show, but when you hear the commentaries, you begin to notice them more. Brilliant.

I saw the Farnsworth Paradox the other day and thought the ending was just so wonderfully excentric. I love the show for it.