Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:24:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Best Video Camera for £100?

Started by Small Man Big Horse, August 08, 2013, 07:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Due to unimaginative birthday gifts I've currently got £100 credit on my Amazon account, and want to buy a video camera, or dv camera, or whatever they call them these days. It'll be used for recording (attempts) at comedy sketches, and stand up and that kind of thing. I've absolutely no idea what I should be looking for in a decent camera, or if you can even get one for that amount of money, so if anyone could help out then it'd be hugely appreciated, and if you like I will record a one off video of you having sex with your partner for free.

Noodle Lizard

DSLRs are the way to go, really (someone here told me that!) but I don't know if you'll find a decent one for £100.  Maybe second-hand, though.

Anyway, I used one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AZFVCVG for a couple of years and it does the trick.  I actually filmed my masterpiece 'Anticrostini' on it, which could have been shown in cinemas[nb]as could home videos from my childhood - not saying much[/nb].  It's £20 over, like, but I'd say it's good for the price.  You'll need an actual tripod for it, mind, since it won't balance on a stack of books.

It's full HD and all that, enough customisability and memory card storage makes things very easy.  It won't fool anyone that it's professional, but it seems more than good enough for your intents and purposes.

Small Man Big Horse

Thanks for that, it sounds just what I'm looking for.