Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:06:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your own little mixes (music/spoken word, music/film, etc.)

Started by alan nagsworth, August 12, 2013, 01:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

This is something I've found quite easy to achieve and is a simple but effective background device. Inspired by a video posted in the first wanks thread that was 22 seconds of Tony Soprano and co. talking about their first blowjobs, which I let play over the top of what I was already listening to, this lovely piece by Alvarius B., this sort of thing can happen spontaneously or not.

I guess an easy example would be that when I used to throw big parties in my first flat to basically swing the dick of young adult independence around, I always used to have friends bring their speakers and turntables and they'd DJ throughout the night. I used to hook my PC to my TV and make a playlist of psychedelic TV shows like Ren & Stimpy, Wonder Showzen, Superjail! and the like just to add an extra background layer to the atmosphere. Of course this does tend to lead to certain people on certain substances not leaving the room, staring at the screen, terrified to take their eyes off it.

Two nights ago I played Tobacco's 'Fucked Up Friends' over the top of Obayashi's 1977 surreal horror masterpiece House when we had some friends over and it worked great. Just enough going on to occasionally all find ourselves looking at the screen and soaking up little bits before trickling back into conversation and vice versa, and the music itself is ace anyway.

I find it's a decent way to show people good music/film that catches their attention without having to be That Guy[nb]I am almost always that guy but I'm getting better[/nb] who keeps saying "Guys, watch the film!" or "Just so you know, when you were talking there you missed a crucial plot point" or "WAIT WAIT HERE COMES THE DROP, WAIT FOR IT. WAIT. Oh it's not here actually it's another 16 bars yet."

Do you ever make a point of doing this as background entertainment, or has it ever happened spontaneously and surprised you?

Olarrio

Watching Men In Black on mute whilst listening to the Men In Black soundtrack had its fair amount of WHAT THE FUCK moments, in terms of unexpected synchronicity, to my stoned, muddled brain.

ElTopo

I posted this somewhere before, but Lionel Richie's "Hello" works quite well with Morrissey's "Suedehead" video:

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/50d256911dc9b-hello-suedehead-by-lionel-morrichie.php

PEACEE Y'ALL!!

One Got Fat. The fucked up Bicycle Safety video from 1963 with the monkey children riding bicycles, being picked off one by one as they break the rules.

I saw that before hand and thought it was hilarious and creepy, then I saw someone mix it with Everything You Do is a Balloon and it worked perfectly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQEmaj9C6ko