Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:01:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

RIP Charlatans drummer Jon Brookes

Started by Vodka Margarine, August 13, 2013, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babyshambler

Sad news.

I've never been a huge fan of the band, but when they supported Oasis at Finsbury Park (2001?) I came away thinking his was the stand out performance - proper busy, every song, all over the kit.

TraceyQ

My sister called to tell me this morning before the news broke (I used to be mates with The Charlatans back in the 1990s and Jon is from my home town). We knew it was coming, but still, very, very sad.

Remembering the good times watching shite bands above pubs in West Brom with him.

wosl

No age, really. Shocking and sad.  RIP.

weekender

The drums on 'One To Another' probably aren't particularly technical (I don't know about drumming) but they are ABSOLUTELY HELL FUCKING YES the sound of a confident drummer having fun with a band.  See also 'Polar Bear' :)

RIP Jon.  Thank you for providing the drum noises to some of the happiest nights of my life.

Brundle-Fly

That poor band. I predict a 'legacy rock doc' in the making but even so,  what a bloody tragedy.

El Unicornio, mang

Saw them a couple of years ago in a tiny, half empty bar in North Carolina (they never really made it in the states) and they had to cancel a load of shows a day or two later because of his troubles. They've had rotten luck, that band.

RIP