Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 09:16:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Good Horror Movies

Started by Hank Venture, August 19, 2013, 11:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoz_MK

Quote from: purlieu on July 15, 2019, 02:34:34 AM
Hell House LLC. Does so much more with its 'found footage in a haunted house' setup should be capable of. There are the usual "why the fuck are they still there?" moments, which is frankly an issue with so much modern horror, but it managed its scares really bloody well. Admittedly the girl sat against the wall in Phil's bedroom actually made me laugh at first, but that was partly at the gall of actually just doing that, it was such a brilliantly horrible image. I also enjoyed the lack of restraint at the reveal. Wonderful, exposition-free, 'what the fuck is going on?' stuff.

I trust the sequel is shit?

The sequel is indeed bloody awful. And there's another on the way.
Such a shame as the first LLC is one of my favourite films, Horror or otherwise, of recent years.

Noodle Lizard

It genuinely looks unfinished and rushed in every aspect - not properly written/planned-out, terrible casting, laughably poor editing and sound.  It looks like a rough cut.  There are these bits with green screen that look like something out of Decker.

SteveDave

Clown (2014)

A man puts on a clown costume and then can't get it off because it's haunted or something. Tale as old as time. Some nice bits and it gets going quickly but then slooooooooowwwwwwwwsssss down in the second act.