Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,325
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:43:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ben Affleck is Batman

Started by Noodle Lizard, August 23, 2013, 02:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: HappyTree on July 26, 2014, 08:19:01 PM
Imagine if Batman were real. And that we'd found out that Ben Affleck actually is Batman.

Yeah, and he was becoming irritated by you and saying, "Bruce Wayne?!  Ben Affleck was what I said."

The more comes out of this, the more I remember how dull and shitty Man Of Steel was, and that I can't believe DC are pinning all their Justice League hopes on this particular version of their characters. If this fails, there's not going to be another attempt at this for probably 20 years.

Pretty sure it's going to fail too.

BritishHobo

Surely if a movie about Batman AND Superman fails then all bets are off.

MuteBanana

We don't even know Affleck's Batman and he's going to be sharing a film. That doesn't seem right. We should get at least one film that's all his.

elnombre

Quote from: MuteBanana on July 27, 2014, 03:50:16 AM
We don't even know Affleck's Batman and he's going to be sharing a film. That doesn't seem right. We should get at least one film that's all his.

My guess is it'll be about 3 hours long (because that's what movies have to be now, because thats like, so totally epic) and you'll feel like we got one.

Mister Six

Quote from: The Region Legion on July 27, 2014, 12:33:51 AM
The more comes out of this, the more I remember how dull and shitty Man Of Steel was, and that I can't believe DC are pinning all their Justice League hopes on this particular version of their characters. If this fails, there's not going to be another attempt at this for probably 20 years.

Pretty sure it's going to fail too.

It'll succeed. Quality has nothing to do with it. There are four fucking Transformers films, for Christ's sake.

Yes, legitimately good films will attract an audience, but these days people will just go to any big-budget shite on the basis that it's all over billboards and the telly, and all their co-workers will have seen it and they don't want to be the odd ones out.

You can't even rely on the film or comic fans to pass it over, because when it's something this 'big' and potentially polarizing they all want to have an opinion.

Hobo

Quote from: Mister Six on July 27, 2014, 06:35:50 AM
It'll succeed. Quality has nothing to do with it. There are four fucking Transformers films, for Christ's sake.

In my house there is only one Transformers film.

I still listen to the soundtrack too.

Quote from: Mister Six on July 27, 2014, 06:35:50 AM
It'll succeed. Quality has nothing to do with it.

I did mean quality-wise. Sure, it'll do well financially and that's all DC and Warner are going to care about right now, but a film as bad as Man Of Steel will demote these characters to also-rans in the eyes of the public. Some people (I call them idiots) actually enjoyed Man Of Steel, but by and large it's been critically panned. 55% at Rotten Tomatoes. That's pretty appalling. If the big team up movie is similarly wank, then Marvel will have "won". Maybe they deserve to. After all, DC doesn't really have anything other than Batman that actually works in the modern world.

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on July 27, 2014, 09:07:11 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Batman-v-Superman-Comic-Con-Footage-Leaks-Online-66472.html

Did that audience not know a Superman vs Batman was in the works?  How come they jizzed into such a flurry when Superman showed up in the trailer?

Quote from: Replies From View on July 27, 2014, 10:20:21 AM
Did that audience not know a Superman vs Batman was in the works?  How come they jizzed into such a flurry when Superman showed up in the trailer?

It's because it makes it very clear
Spoiler alert
they're going to battle, in exactly the same way they do in The Dark Knight Returns, with Bats in full body armour.
[close]

Interesting detail on the Batman costume -
Spoiler alert
the comic-style white eyes
[close]
. Interesting choice.

biggytitbo

It would be better if Superman and Batman were both played by Woody Allen imho.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Replies From View on July 27, 2014, 10:20:21 AM

Comic con fans always act like that when something they like appears. It's like when they showed the ROTJ deleted scene, when Luke got his lightsabre out they all screamed and hollered.

I like the look of it, anyway. Reminds me more of the Arkham video games than any of the other films.

Johnny Textface

Is that clip anywhere else out of interest? Appears to be blocked there..

Johnny Textface

Quote from: Johnny Textface on July 27, 2014, 05:41:47 PM
Is that clip anywhere else out of interest? Appears to be blocked there..
Ignore found it. From a real distance on the right. Is that the best clip?

Tiny Poster

Yep. I'll be surprised if it actually appears in the finished movie.

Replies From View

Quote from: Tiny Poster on July 27, 2014, 09:29:10 PM
Yep. I'll be surprised if it actually appears in the finished movie.

Some of the action bits in Godzilla were filmed through the visor of a parachutist, so I wouldn't be surprised if these obscure angles are the beginning of a rage.

Kelvin

Anyone seen the leaked teaser? Honestly, it looks amazing.

Batman's cowl looks identical to the one he wore to fight superman in The Dark Knight Returns[nb]Complete with luminous white eyes[/nb], as does the bat signal, with that huge, chunky Miller-style bat. Superman looks terrifying, lit by lightning and with glowing, red eyes. 

Might be pure style over content. But that's some style.   

http://vimeo.com/102062165

Johnny Textface

The trailer for Man if Steel was awesome though wasn't it? Does look great though..

Blumf

Quote from: Johnny Textface on July 30, 2014, 10:18:12 AM
The trailer for Man if Steel was awesome though wasn't it?

The MoS trailer looked very dull, emo and pompous, so it was quiet representative of the film.

Are they going to do (some of) this new film like Sin City, all stylised B&W with colour highlights and that. I'd like that, I think...

Phil_A

Here's the new Batmobile, then.

Looks like an eight year old designed it, except an eight year old would probably have come up with more ideas than GUNS, MORE GUNS N' POINTY BITS.

I was never much of a fan of the "repurposed tank" version of the Batmobile, and apparently Snyder's way of putting his own stamp on that design is just to try and make it MORE AWESOME by sticking loads of guns and superfluous shit all over it. No sense of elegance or beauty like in the classic, pre-Nolan Batmobiles, but then that seems to be the tone that all DC movies are aiming for now - artless, grey and overblown.

Blumf

It's joyless isn't it? Not even fun in an adolescent 'woo guns!' way.

Kelvin

It looks a lot better when you see it from the side. More distinct, almost insectoid and much more traditionally "batmobile".

The guns might serve a practical purpose in the film; grapples, rubber bullets, something to take out superman? I assume it's an allusion to the Batmobile in The Dark Knight Returns, since everything else in this film seems to be.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Kelvin on July 30, 2014, 01:16:46 AM
Anyone seen the leaked teaser? Honestly, it looks amazing.

Kelvin, did the trailer reveal the colour of the new batsuit?  I would love for them to abandon the black look and go for blue and grey, like The Dark Knight Returns.  I noticed this pic (what a fan gone done) while sniffing around for pictures.  I think it would look very cool and would make a change from all the emo shit.

Kelvin

Quote from: Kane Jones on September 12, 2014, 12:46:54 PM
Kelvin, did the trailer reveal the colour of the new batsuit?  I would love for them to abandon the black look and go for blue and grey, like The Dark Knight Returns.  I noticed this pic (what a fan gone done) while sniffing around for pictures.  I think it would look very cool and would make a change from all the emo shit.

It's waaaaay too blurry and dark to tell, I'm afraid. The whole thing is set on a stormy rooftop in Gotham, with the two men lit only by brief flashes of lightning, and it's filmed off a screen at Comic Con, so of a poor quality anyway. It looks incredibly cool, but I can't say what colours the suit was.

EDIT: It's also not his normal batsuit (from your picture), I don't think. It's a sleeker version of the suit that Batman fights Superman with in Dark Knight Returns - or at least that cowl. The glowing, pupil-less eyes are identical   

Kelvin

Oh, by the way, Kane. Did you ever get hold of the absolutely stunning soundtrack for The Dark Knight Returns animated film?

Spiteface

Quote from: Kane Jones on September 12, 2014, 12:46:54 PM

(pic)

Technically, that suit was black & grey in Dark Knight Returns. The blue one had the big yellow oval on it as well. I wish they'd bring that back properly. Actually, the batsuit Bruce Wayne used when he was on a worldwide recruitment drive in Batman Incorporated (to differentiate himself from Dick Grayson, who was also Batman at the same time) would be a cool one to see in a movie:

It lights up as well.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Kelvin on September 12, 2014, 12:59:47 PM
Oh, by the way, Kane. Did you ever get hold of the absolutely stunning soundtrack for The Dark Knight Returns animated film?

No, I didn't!  Cheers for the reminder.  Some incredible music on that. 

Kelvin

It's no bloody wonder he wanted to differentiate himself from Dick Grayson's batsuit. It looked like something his Nan had stitched together from her old curtains.

Tiny Poster

Getting off topic here, but the new Batgirl costume design is great - practical and stylish: