Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:20:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ben Affleck is Batman

Started by Noodle Lizard, August 23, 2013, 02:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

I love people getting angry about actors being cast in iconic roles.  "Matt Smith isn't right for Doctor Who", "Daniel Craig is completely wrong for James Bond" etc.  It's just blokes playing dress up.

mycroft

Queneau

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 23, 2013, 10:47:49 AM
I love people getting angry about actors being cast in iconic roles.  "Matt Smith isn't right for Doctor Who", "Daniel Craig is completely wrong for James Bond" etc.  It's just blokes playing dress up.

Me too. However, that could just be because I don't care about any of these things in the first place. For what it's worth, I really rate Ben Affleck.

biggytitbo

onthebeach

9/10 posts on my Facebook are about this. All negative bar one. People are such tedious cunts.

Queneau

Blumf

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 23, 2013, 10:32:42 AM
I'd have been happier if that film had just been the pan up her body, over and over again.

Wasn't this bit good enough for you?

biggytitbo

Whoops, I only just realised that Ben Affleck isn't Ben Stiller.

Blumf

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 23, 2013, 12:12:41 PM
Whoops, I only just realised that Ben Affleck isn't Ben Stiller.

I get that problem with Julia Roberts/Sandra Bullock.

Miasma

I'd prefer Ben Affleck to stick to roles where he a bit of a nob... O'Bannion and 'that asshole from fashionable male' both made better use of his natural snidey vibe than the roles where he's supposed to be an all-American hero type.

Thursday

Quote from: onthebeach on August 23, 2013, 11:39:36 AM
9/10 posts on my Facebook are about this. All negative bar one. People are such tedious cunts.

My twitter feed is either people complaining about it or people saying they're too old to care. Evidently they're not above letting everyone know they don't care though.

Of course I'm sneering behind their back on a Chris Morris forum, so I'm the best of all!

spock rogers

I hope old shoebox head goes with the bearded-Graham-Linehan look that he was sporting for Argo.

imitationleather

I HOPE WE GET TO FIND OUT ABOUT BATMAN'S ORIGINS

Glebe

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 23, 2013, 10:34:39 AMShit does this mean the Rentaghost film isn't going to happen then? :(

Please don't say that!

Miasma

Hopefully he'll come up with a new version of 'the voice'. Perhaps a broad, comedy Italian accent might do as a linguistic smokescreen... 'itsa me! Bat-a-man!'. 

That would be amazing. Or shit. Or somewhere in between. Couldn't give a monkeys really.

BritishHobo

I don't mind some superhero movies, Robert Downey Jr Man is alright, and I like Andrew Garfield, but Batman vs Superman just sounds like the most fucking joyless two hours I can imagine. I hope they fight Lex Luthor or the Joker, that's a story that definitely needs telling again.

imitationleather

eluc55

It's weird. You never get people posting in threads for the latest thriller saying "I couldn't give two shits who plays a man on the run", "I don't care about thrillers" or "There's quite a bit of buzz about this film. people are such tedious cunts."

You like "proper" films, we get it.

alcoholic messiah

Quote from: Kane Jones on August 23, 2013, 09:23:07 AM
So is someone going to do a mock-up of Affleck wearing the cowl so I can make up my mind whether this'll be shit or not?

Here's how the iconic Affleck chin might look in the cowl:

Tiny Poster

Yeah, you nasty pasties! Step off!

Man Of Steel was a bad film though, so you're right to sneer. And I don't expect much of this semi-sequel either.

why would they try Zod and his mates as Krypton is exploding it makes no sense

Blumf

Quote from: Tiny Poster on August 23, 2013, 05:45:21 PM
why would they try Zod and his mates as Krypton is exploding it makes no sense

How does Zod; head of the Krypton warrior class, bred, born and raised to fight, get his ass handed to him by Jor-El; some scientist dude, bred, born and raised to apply for research grants, not fight?

Tiny Poster

You've just got to turn off your brain, man!

biggytitbo

The only time in history Superman was ever interesting was when Christopher Reeves[nb]I know[/nb] grew some stubble and went to that bar and flicked peanuts at the barmans optics.

If Superman was as good as that all the time I'd watch.

Head Gardener

Buttress

This will still be better than TDKR.

Head Gardener

kidsick5000

it's a very smart move for Affleck.
He is the WB golden boy. The one that brings the accolades.
I've no doubt this is will be leverage for x amount of projects down the line.

BritishHobo

Quote from: eluc55 on August 23, 2013, 05:39:39 PM
It's weird. You never get people posting in threads for the latest thriller saying "I couldn't give two shits who plays a man on the run", "I don't care about thrillers" or "There's quite a bit of buzz about this film. people are such tedious cunts."

You like "proper" films, we get it.

I think the thing is that these movies tend to get picked to pieces all over the internet, in a way that generic action/thriller movies don't. It's not that I think it's beneath me, it's just that each new development and each new film becomes the major talking point almost everywhere, it's a weird thing.

Big Jack McBastard

Threadbare arse.

At this point I'd prefer to see new superheroes Owlman and Ultradude pair up for an adventure than watch this shit re-hashed for the nth time.