Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:34:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A game of D&D on C&B

Started by Fry, August 24, 2013, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnuckleSupper

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on September 07, 2013, 03:32:20 PM
So what have got in the party so far?

Gaylord the druid - A weird hermit who is joining the watch for sex and violence. He's bringing cheese.

Phlegm Flange - An alcoholic, battle-hardened orange dwarf.

Simper Persons - A mad nun who is trying to protect inanimate objects.

Marx Winstone - A fighter who wants to kill everyone for tax purposes.

Shang Ping - A mysterious, bald  monk from the far east.

Also Bertram - Tinkering human Wizard belonging to SNG and whatever thraxx rolls.

I've the first adventure just about written and another couple sketched out, so when do people want to get started?

WesterlyWinds

I'll hopefully have bothered to make a character by this evening. After that I'm ready whenever.

How much money do we start off with? I need to know for weapons and stuff.

KnuckleSupper

Don't worry about equipment beyond personal effects. The Watch armoury will stretch to basic armour and weapons.

Treguard of Dunshelm

Koom Kentishman is a drunken ne'er-do-well who has had many tangles with just about everybody. A lying, layabout shirker, he has had many former professions, both legitimate and otherwise, including those of carpenter, baked-potato salesman and shifter of bootleg booze. He lives by his wits and good fortune. He is often accompanied by his trusty canine Sheppey, and has a strong distrust of bathing. Koom has joined the Watch only as part of a deal offered by the local magistrate to avoid imprisonment for drunkenly hijacking a wagon and crashing it at speed into a tavern which had refused him service. So far he has refused to show remorse for the several citizens, including children, killed or maimed as a result, claiming they 'had it coming, the slow buggers'.

I'll PM the full Pathguy sheet to KnuckleSupper in a sec. Not sure if I've done it completely right.

Still Not George

Bertram - the watch's smith and occasional jobbing wizard. Bald and extremely irritable. Might possibly have phimosis.

thraxx

Sayler Malin.  A right peasant who looks like he has arrived in the city only last week, which he has.  The grime and wear make it hard to tell; he could be 20, he could be 40. You'd be surprised if he knows.  Tall, ungainly and very thin, Sayler looks like he knows his way round the potato patch and the local landowners' pheasant grounds pretty well.  On the other hand he looks like he's going to be useless at most things, so you hope that he knows how to use that short-bow, because he's not going to frighten anyone of anything the way he waves that knife around when he's scoffing his issued rations.  You know that things are pretty tough for those who live outside the city walls, what with the recent poor weather, harvests and brigands and bullies terrorising and taking what they can.  You'd be queuing up to join the city watch too if it's offering food in your belly, a decent hearth and the chance to get back at some of violent and pilfering scum that seem to be roaming around unmolested. 

I'll send the character sheet to knuckle later. 

garbed_attic

So, when are we doing this and on what platform? We certainly have characters enough to get started!

Big Jack McBastard

Yeah how is this going to be run? Is there some real-time application we can all pile in on like a chatroom/online D&D place (I'd be surprised if there isn't one) or are we just doing it here and taking people at their word for their rolls? Or is KS gonna do all that for us?

Zetetic

You Say First has dice and neat, if not very relevant, feature of simultaneous 'moves'.

http://you-say-first.nomeata.de

Still Not George

It's likely to be on a site with die rollers etc. I've suggested Roll20 because it has the added bonus of video feeds for the GM and players.

KnuckleSupper

Sorry I haven't posted for a bit - I start a new uni course on Monday and there was actually a lot more to do before the start of term than I had realised. Whoops.

SNG's suggestion Roll20 looked pretty excellent. It's free so I've set up a game to which I can invite people when they make accounts. It has capabilities for playing on virtual maps with tokens with interactive hitpoints and whatnot. Likely that I won't go that far with it, but it's a great hangout space with video/sound, dice-rollers, and private GM to player chat, if required. And everyone rolls their own dice, of course! Just the DM's get to be secret. Maniacal laughter etc.

Given the number of people, I'd suggest two groups and two sessions a week. Which days are best for everyone? I have no particular preferences for days, but the sessions will have to be in the evenings.

Big Jack McBastard

I'm easy for whenever.

Just joined up, you need our usernames?

ziggy starbucks

I'm away for the next few days[nb]you'll have to embalden people yourselves[/nb] but I should be ready to play by the end of next week

garbed_attic

I've registered... I don't have a username though? Just an email and my name.

KnuckleSupper

I've set up a game, it's absolutely nothing special at the moment, but pm me for the code when you've registered with Roll20.

KnuckleSupper

Quote from: gout_pony on September 12, 2013, 11:23:55 AM
I've registered... I don't have a username though? Just an email and my name.

Once you sign up for the game you should be able to change your display name to anything you like in the settings.

Just work out whatever time and day in the evening works for you guys and I'll try and figure out if I'll be able to join in on these sessions. I've almost finished my major project and after then I've finished University for the year pretty much, so I should be able to stay up, but I also still a work a lot. Your 7pm is my 4am the following day. It's manageable. Just need to make sure it's on a morning I ain't doing much. But I'll work around you guys! Sort out whichever day or time's best for you!

Big Jack McBastard

Big Jack McBastard

Just noticed despite starting this ball rolling Fry is conspicuously absent from the roster...

thraxx

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on September 12, 2013, 08:50:43 AM
I'm away for the next few days[nb]you'll have to embalden people yourselves[/nb] but I should be ready to play by the end of next week

Same for me.

Big Jack McBastard

I'll just be getting over my first GTA binge by then so that's an aye from me too.

WesterlyWinds

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on September 12, 2013, 06:51:42 PM
Just noticed despite starting this ball rolling Fry is conspicuously absent from the roster...

It's a trap!

Fry

Jeez I forgot about this again! That's cool, as long as you guys have a game sorted I'm quite excited to see what you have come up with!

(unless it is not too late)

garbed_attic

Let's do this soon! It'll take our minds off life!

ziggy starbucks

LETS START THIS MOTHER FUCKER

thraxx

My d20 hand is itching for this.

Big Jack McBastard

I suppose I can leave GTA alone for a bit now I've finished the main story, give me a holler when this due to kick off.

garbed_attic

I'd love to begin this soon!

Big Jack McBastard

Edit: I am an arse who cannot read thread titles properly it seems.