Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:04:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Miley Cyrus @ VMAs 2013

Started by alan nagsworth, August 27, 2013, 11:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on August 27, 2013, 02:32:20 PM
No, she's been told to throw on some plastic pants, stick her tongue out and rub her arse against a Simon Cowell lookalike dressed as Beetlejuice. It's very different.

Don't forget the teddy bears and foam finger. It's all much more ridiculous and cartoonish.

Artemis

Quote from: Morrison Lard on August 27, 2013, 02:35:57 PM

*shudder*

That second picture is genuinely absurd. Why does she keep letting her tongue fall out of her face like a sick puppy? And what is she actually doing in the last of those gifs? She's stuck the silly big foam hand between her legs and she's thrusting it towards some poor victim in the audience, but what's that simulating? It comes across as totally desperate, like she doesn't really know quite what to do and is coming up with literally anything that seems vaguely sexual to try and make people gasp. The irony is, many of them were.

SteveDave

<GIF OF BILLY RAY CYRUS SHAKING HIS HEAD>

SteveDave

I've not heard that stripey suited man's song. And I'm proud of it.

daf

imitationleather

I think that video has turned me in to one of those asexuals I've read about on here.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: imitationleather on August 27, 2013, 02:53:21 PM
I think that video has turned me in to one of those asexuals I've read about on here.

I think I might have standards. What a relief.

Seriously, why did she pick the ugliest flesh-coloured shade for that outfit? And why the rubbish 1998 hairstyle? And why does Robin Thicke look like Simon Cowell dressed as a humbug?

Captain Crunch

Why, why why?  Probably because she's mullered on downers.

Tiny Poster

Bring back Madonna pretending to have a wank. Innocent times.

vrailaine

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 27, 2013, 12:46:13 PM
You see by this point I think Miley Cyrus (and/or her management) is clearly just trolling for the laughs. She knows this kind of shit gets people all het up and is now taking it to the extreme.
I think her management might be getting her to play up some of her especially awful attempts at being sexy such as the tongue stuff. Ultimately though it's your standard teen singer type trying to break out of that niche, Christina Aguilera dirrty type thing, but she's not really able to pull it off so it's just coming across a bit silly.

That being said, there's something very effective about her music video to that one song she has now. Maybe it's just that you can already feel how absolutely of its time it will feel in a decade or two.

Fabian Thomsett

I just found that funny.

I'd rather watch that than Coldplay or One Direction or whatever I'm supposed to be judging it against.

Tiny Poster

Yep, the bears alone put it above dull worthy shite (though 1D might have some snazzy choreography, I don't know, all my knowledge of them comes from this)

small_world

How old IS Gwen Stefani?

Really though, this isn't actually all THAT shocking.
Possibly the biggest issue here is the glorification of drug use. They're both obviously smashed, at which point do the authorities get to do do that?

Yeah, it's that colour, it's awful. Was it meant to be a Britney style nude thing?

The main problem with it and the current video for he single is she comes across as dull and annoying instead of sexy. Epic failure here. I'm left thinking how come she hasn't got the tattoos from the video anymore.

Goldentony

I really enjoyed it because it reminded me of the Alice Bowie performance at the end of Cheech & Chong's Up In Smoke

Noodle Lizard

Has anyone successfully bashed one off to this yet?  I did give it a sincere attempt but it wasn't going anywhere.

In fairness to Miley, the failure it was mostly due to the Beetlejuice-turned-producer/singer.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on August 27, 2013, 03:49:37 PM
Has anyone successfully bashed one off to this yet?

She's not sexy. Pretty, cute, all-American type, but she has absolutely no sex appeal.

up_the_hampipe

I generally hate all musicians that do that type of lewd, crazy stuff on stage to try and rile people up because it's tedious. But it happens so much that it's not what bothers me about this. Nor is it that she has contradicted the persona that made her famous. It's just that it's so blatant that she's trying too hard to do it, it's not natural to who she is. The over use of the tongue to suggest she's wacky, it's just bollocks.

daf

"Its like barf me out...
Gag me with a spoon!"

Mary is not amused

This, off of reddit, made me laugh quite a bit more than it had any right to.  I have not seen the orignal performance.

Nowhere Man

It's not because it is overly sexual (or unsexual as it felt watching that "performance") or lewd, its that is extremely shit that offends me most I think. When Prince did his tours in the 80's, (for example Lovesexy) he would incorporate many different sex positions with band members and sing about getting Head and jacking people off. He even had a giant bed on stage!

CaledonianGonzo

syntaxerror

BlodwynPig

VMAs 2014 - Bunny Sears performs her No.1 hit nude to widespread shock and awe
VMAs 2015 - Caley Dong performs her No.1 hit stripped of flesh to widespread shock and awe
VMAs 2016 - Bobbi Cunt fucks a spaceship with no musical accompaniment.

up_the_hampipe

But what will Kanye be doing?

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Quote from: Petey Pate on August 27, 2013, 11:42:20 AM
This is one of those events that future historians could use to represent some kind of turning point or exemplification of popular culture's descent into total lack of artistry.

I've just spoken to them on the time-telephone and they say: "cheers, but we've got quite enough with Blunder and I'm A Celebrity. Please stop.".

kitsofan34

Kanye's performance was the best thing on this year's VMA's by a country mile.

Can't believe Justin Timberlake veered into an over long and self indulgent performance too. So unlike him.