Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:42:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TheBox.bz closing on 1st September

Started by weekender, August 28, 2013, 05:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queneau

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on July 31, 2014, 04:02:55 PM
It's not clear what will happen at the shutdown, but  if they can turn DHT on then sharing should continue for existing downloads.

That's what I was wondering.

remedial_gash

Nope, the initial torrent file that you downloaded had a flag to prevent DHT etc, although some torrent programs will allow you to override that setting; like Azureus or others.

You could try your torrent manager though.

Queneau

I don't know much about this stuff, what if I've already started downloading via utorrent? Are the incomplete ones fucked?

remedial_gash

As long as you don't reboot then the peers stored locally should keep spunking digital jizz at you. If you restart the client, and it tries to query the (presumably) dead tracker, then you may be cut off.

Utter Shit

Three days after the proposed closure, the site is still up, all torrents are still listed and the couple of torrents I tried could still be downloaded. So fill your boots.

Morrison Lard

I've not torrented owt in ages, isn't almost everything available to stream somewhere nowadays?

sirhenry

Quote from: Utter Shit on August 04, 2014, 04:16:36 PM
Three days after the proposed closure, the site is still up, all torrents are still listed and the couple of torrents I tried could still be downloaded. So fill your boots.
That would explain the new leechers on various of my torrents. I was beginning to wonder what was going on.

Queneau

Site has gone down now.

QuoteDon' t Cry Because It's Over
Smile Because It Happened

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on July 29, 2014, 11:24:51 AM
Heres list of some of the things i've download, maybe it will jog your old memory.

Baddieal And Skinner Unplanned

I'd love to see one or two series' of this again. I'm currently on a week off work and the odd episode of this would while away the afternoons.

I've searched all of the usual places (torrent/warez) but no joy, apart from the occasional link to a one-off live show which doesn't have the same ring to it as the pair of them prattling along in the studio.

Do you have a current link/PM etc.?

Much obliged.

Utter Shit

Anyone know of any sites popping up in the wake of TheBox/ZXCV?