Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:54:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"The Miracle of The Passion"

Started by Peking O, July 30, 2004, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peking O

No matter how weird America gets, it still continues to outdo itself. Check this out:

"Changed Lives: Miracles of The Passion" is a 1-hour documentary that captures the true stories of people who have been radically and miraculously changed by God as a result of having seen the blockbuster film "The Passion of The Christ."

A man confessed to killing his girlfriend-- although the death had been ruled a suicide by investigators- after God used the movie as the catalyst to help him make the decision to come forward.

http://www.miraclesofthepassion.com/

I mean honestly, what the fuck? He murdered someone, successfully hid the fact, then Mel Gibson's movie got him to change his mind? Unreal.

Artemis

No more weird then any other claim relgious fundamentalists make. The very fact that people can accept the Bible as a literal truth is just as bonkers to me. Even the casual reader can conclude quite easily that there most exist some kind of causal link between being a Christian and having a fucked up spasticated brain. sorry

What you say is true though.

I  remember seeing a clip of Mel Gibson being interviewed in American TV shortly before the movie came out (60 Minutes, I think it was), anyway, the interviewer asked something about Gibson's dad's alleged claims that the holocaust was exagerrated and he shuffled in his seat saying something like "that's my father. I'm tight with him. Gotta leave it alone, Diane. Gotta leave it alone" It was bizzare. Any normal person would say something like "I would rather not talk about that" but it was obvious that Gibson is nuts.

Quote from: "Artemis"but it was obvious that Gibson is nuts.

Yep, were all qualified to make that judgement.

mikeyg27

Quote from: "Artemis"The very fact that people can accept the Bible as a literal truth is just as bonkers to me.

I've started reading Genesis as prereading before Uni, and I refuse to believe that anyone who has actually read the Bible can believe in Christianity.

mr suit

Quote from: "Artemis"Even the casual reader can conclude quite easily that there most exist some kind of causal link between being a Christian and having a fucked up spasticated brain. sorry

i thought i'd quote that and keep it for posterity, in case you read some books and educate yourself in the next 50 years or so and go on a deleting spree of all your embarassing ramblings.