Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:09:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's your favourite film?

Started by Noodle Lizard, September 05, 2013, 11:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakey Chesterton

The original Bad Luitenant would be my choice: Harvey Keitel gives perhaps the best performance I've ever seen on film in it. I mean, look at this (spoiler alert, though, and not as powerful out of context): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qI60RZ0Gr4 .

Sam's Thin Red Line suggestion would also follow not long after for me, and I would also rate the original Manhunter quite highly.

batwings

Today? Heat. Just watched it again on Blu Ray and it remains utterly fantastic.

Glebe

Impossible to choose a favourite, exactly, but I have a particular fondness for Close Encounters.

Dusty Substance

Most of my circulating top ten have already been mentioned so I'll go with one that hasn't been mentioned and that I've regarded as one of my favourite films for about 18 years: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

It's been a while since I last watched it so I hope it still stands up, but it's really one of those films that has everything - Drama, humour, symbolism, great characters, classic scenes, memorable dialogue. The score is excellent, it's beautifully shot and brilliantly directed by the under-rated Milos Forman.