Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Obscure request

Started by Utter Shit, July 31, 2004, 08:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

In the mid 90s, that ventriloquist David Straussman had a pre-fame appearance on The Stand-Up Show, in the days when Ardal O'Hanlan presented it. Rather than getting ten minutes out of the half hour show, as was the norm, he got a full 30-minute slot, and proved his worth with a FANTASTIC show...problem is, I can't remember basically any of it. He had a reasonably funny thing with some dragons doing a dance to Bohemian Rhapsody (considerably funnier than it sounds), but the 'stars' of the show were the two dummies - Chuck Wood and, if I remember right, a bear simply called 'Bear'.

Problem is, I can remember approximately fuck all of the show, other than it being brilliant, and I'd love to see it again. If anyone can find me this show, I will be infinitely grateful, and will perform acts including, but not limited to, full intercourse, oral sex, teabagging, the dirty sanchez...

Cheers, an ting.

Utter Shit

You vile, filthy bastards. A pox on you.

Marty McFly

i think that sounds familiar. though i never taped the standup show, so can't really offer you anything.

who was that ventriloquist from the very early 90s with a dragon puppet? american, if i recall.

Pseudopath

Can't help with the Stand Up Show encode, but David Straussman's website has a few RealMedia streams of his performances.

http://www.chuckwood.com/

cairnsi

I remember this as brilliant too.

Pinball

Quote from: "Utter Shit"You vile, filthy bastards. A pox on you.
Welcome. You'll fit in well  :-)

Utter Shit

Quote from: "Pinball"
Quote from: "Utter Shit"You vile, filthy bastards. A pox on you.
Welcome. You'll fit in well  :-)

Man, it took me 188 posts before someone even considered putting my name forward for the possibility of fitting in well, what are the qualifications necessary for officially fitting in well? Bearing in mind that I'm not willing to take the 'fast track' to success, if you get what I mean. Which you'd be a genius to, because I don't even get what I mean.

Utter Shit

Seriously, you all need to go to anti-useless classes =(

Utter Shit

Accidents can and will happen if my demands are not met!

Make me smile

is he the guy who had the little boy dummy, and at the end of his act he would walk off and the dummy would 'come alive' on its own with spooky red eyes?

cant remember much more, but that guy was being hailed as the saviour of ventriloquism

Utter Shit

Yep, same guy...he was just ridiculously funny, especially compared to the many, many shit ventriloquists out there who perfected the art of making the dummy move around and talk 'independently', but forgot to give either themselves or the dummy anything worth saying.