Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:47:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Christopher Lillycrap

Started by Hart'sRules, February 11, 2004, 04:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hart'sRules

I'm sure this has popped up at some stage. Why would someone in 'entertainment' suffer themselves with a name like that? Was it the mental curly hair, or something more sinister? Why did loads of them have such daft names: Biggins, Cant, Cribbins, 'Stu' Francis, Floella fucking Benjamin, Sandy 'No 72' Togsvig? Sorry, just woke up with the TV on. Thank god that didn't happen when I was a kid. (And I'm still getting over the corridor scene in the Exorcist III.)

23 Daves

I once worked in a Travel Agents and Christopher Lillycrap walked in, saying "Hello, I'm Christopher Lillycrap".  When we said "Oh, that's an unusual name" (or words to that effect) he started going on about how we might have heard it before, because he was on television.  He then started dropping hints about how we might like to give him a discount.

Nobody in the agency had heard of him, I certainly hadn't, and I still can't tell you what it was he did now.  Can anyone enlighten me?  

I don't think he got a discount, by the way.

TraceyQ

He played guitar and told stories. He wasnt very good.

Alberon

There was this kids show on Sunday mornings an ungodly number of years ago presented by him. Had something to do with a mole, a hedgehog and perhaps a circus. And then he'd sing some song about it.

I think it's the law that if you have a name like Lillicrap you have to become a teacher or work in children's entertainment. It's the only explanation I can think of.

blue jammer

Quote from: "Hart'sRules"(And I'm still getting over the corridor scene in the Exorcist III.)

First mention of it on the new new board I think :)

Muhahahahaaha

:pure evil:

Hart'sRules

Quote from: "Alberon"

I think it's the law that if you have a name like Lillicrap you have to become a teacher or work in children's entertainment. It's the only explanation I can think of.

Somehow things are making sense...he definitely lived in teacher-land.

Morrisfan82

I think it was spelled Lillicrap. Didn't he look a bit like a young David Essex or something?

The only thing I remember him from with any clarity (although I know he did other stuff) was a programme called Flicks. Which was (confusingly) about books. Squeezing every last ounce of power out of my special TV memory-hat, I believe the title song went as follows:

Flick through the pages of a book
Maybe there's something that will make you stop and look
Flick through the pages
Flick through the pages
Flick through the pages of a book
Bitch

Alright, not the last bit.

The Culture Bunker

He used to be on Rainbow every now and then. I think Bungle covered him in paint on one hillarious episode.