Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:13:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris GLR tapes on eBay (auction ending soon)

Started by DJ Solid Snail, September 10, 2013, 05:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danabnormal

Thank you so very much for these, now downloading so will make my trips more enjoyable.

weirdbeard

Interesting observation on one of the Wayne Carr bits on Side B, when he's talking about Jimmy Page and watching Henry V - it's the same bit as the NKC show from 25th November 1989 currently available, but it's a completely different performance of it, meaning he was doing the Wayne Carr bits live and not pre-recorded.

The other Wayne Carr bits on Side A are also from November 1989, so that roughly dates this compilation tape.

MC Root

Thanks so much for these Neil and dmillburn! Is there more to come still? Thanks very much for the procurement and the work involved! Cheers!

weirdbeard

Quote from: MC Root on March 14, 2014, 10:56:43 PM
Thanks so much for these Neil and dmillburn! Is there more to come still? Thanks very much for the procurement and the work involved! Cheers!

There should be, Neil has more tapes as does LFBarfe.

walydug

I don't really care much about these at all.  I just check for updates to this thread every day.

Neil

Getting a job threw me off, but I just said in Facebook last night that I'll get back to it now I'm settled in. Sorry.

weirdbeard

Quote from: Neil on March 29, 2014, 06:39:39 PM
Getting a job threw me off, but I just said in Facebook last night that I'll get back to it now I'm settled in. Sorry.

Why don't you just do a flat transfer and get them out. Any touching up, embelishing, clips etc. can easily be done later.

weirdbeard

Quote from: Lfbarfe on September 25, 2013, 04:21:06 PM
OK, I've finally got around to opening the parcel, and here's what I appear to have, based on the helpfully thorough track listings made by the person who recorded them.  All are very nice recordings from VHF stereo,  apart from the R5 show obviously.

26/12/91 - 1x60min cassette, but the track listing bears no relation to the Wiki
3/1/92 - 3 hour show, substantially complete across 2x90min cassettes
10/1/92 - 3 hour show, substantially complete across 2x90min cassettes
17/1/92 - 3 hour show, substantially complete across 2x90min cassettes
24/1/92 - 3 hour show, substantially complete across 2x90min cassettes
25/5/92 - 3 hour show, substantially complete across 2x90min cassettes
Radio 5, 18/7/92 (most likely a mis-date of 17/7/92) - 1x90min cassette, so likely to be half of the show
28/12/92 - 3 hour show, substantially complete across 2x90min cassettes

Just re-organising my CM files in preparation for the new documentary - were these ever uploaded as promised?

Lfbarfe

Oh bollocks, I got part way through transferring them and then distracted. I'll try and finish them later in the week.

Neil

I've most of my batch done, but I'm whipping through the NKC tapes now, while there's a chance to get lossless encodes put in the official archives.

soraya

Quote from: Lfbarfe on October 13, 2014, 11:58:16 PM
Oh bollocks, I got part way through transferring them and then distracted. I'll try and finish them later in the week.

No worries. We understand that befriending misogynistic Neo-Nazis on racist forums must be time consuming, so don't worry about the delay.

Lfbarfe

You wouldn't believe the difficulties. I keep wanting to say nice things about Diane Abbott, but thankfully I remember just in time.

soraya

Good for you. You mustn't have said anything nice about her during your time on DSMO, she was one of the most despised and you were one of the most liked people there. It's the Jews that your "old mate" Honest George hates the most anyway, so just don't compliment Joan Rivers and you should be fine.

Lfbarfe

weirdbeard

Neil, Louis - any closer on getting these full tapes out there? With Raw Meat Radio, the link in the Guardian, the new GLR compilation in the other thread and all the old shows re-uploaded and available - this would be a good time to get even more new content/upgrades out.

Look how old this thread is - September 2013! Christ.

weirdbeard

Wouldn't it be great to have these to listen to over the holidays?

I'll gladly step in and do the converting and uploading and even return the tapes if it would help.

soraya

Check on the Stormfront forums, you'll have a better chance finding Barfy over there.