Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:01:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury 2014: not as good as it used to be

Started by George Oscar Bluth II, September 16, 2013, 01:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Textface

I went to the Leeds festival last year. It was fucking shite. The site is so small that sound bleeding was horrendous, the food caravans are of the generic 'burger and chips' variety and Eminem blatantly mimed.

Hat FM

Interesting that the prices for Reading and Glastonbury are so similar when Glastonbury pay the bands playing a tiny fraction compared to the other festivals.  I read that Metalica got paid a tenth of the going rate for their headline slot.  Of course they give lots of money to charity so that kind of answers my question.  I wonder how much V is?  Surely they pay their headliners even more.

CaledonianGonzo

The Currant Bun are reporting that Call Me Miss Ross is signed up for next year's Sunday Legends Slot.

Beagle 2

Beagle 2

Sold out in 29 minutes. Page crashed at the confirmation screen for us, so pretty sure we missed out.

Ja'moke

Well my plan to do my first ever Glastonbury was quickly squashed. Fuck you very much.

Beagle 2

The annoying thing is that a load of mates who are "95% sure they're not off, but nice to have the option" got tickets. Fucking point of this deposit system is I don't know.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 05, 2014, 09:38:52 AM
Well my plan to do my first ever Glastonbury was quickly squashed. Fuck you very much.

The resale is often a bit less hectic, so you definitely shouldn't be giving up at this point.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Try getting in by doing some work. Litter picking or Oxfam stewards are a good start. Now's the time to get it sorted. You might have to do a bit of work or you can sack it off and get mashed but you'll lose your deposit.

George Oscar Bluth II

Artemis

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on October 05, 2014, 10:00:12 AM
The resale is often a bit less hectic, so you definitely shouldn't be giving up at this point.

Agreed. The resale should see you right.

I failed this morning - I had a hard enough time getting the waiting screen, let alone the booking screen. That's the first time I've not bagged tickets within 5 minutes of trying. My heart sank when I saw it had sold out but then a friend let me know she'd gotten through and bagged me a ticket. So I'm going. I'm thrilled but slightly taken aback by the sheer difficulty in getting them. Half the time I just got a 'connection timed out' page.

George Oscar Bluth II

Lionel Richie confirmed for the Sunday afternoon legends slot.

Fuck yes.

Artemis

Yeah, happy with that. Not as excited as I was for Dolly Parton, but he's unquestionably a legend. That's a great booking.

BlodwynPig

You lot are fucking crackers...

"Yeh, happy with that bland crap...happy with that"

Artemis

You're the only one using the expression 'bland crap', though, isn't it.

George Oscar Bluth II

If we get a ten minute version of All Night Long I'll be happy.

FIESTA! FOREVER!

CaledonianGonzo