Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:08:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

James Corden is Paul Potts in 'One Chance'

Started by up_the_hampipe, September 17, 2013, 09:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Apparently The Sun is giving away free tickets for this if you sign up for a month's free trial of their website. Which confirms, if there was ever any doubt, that I am definitely not part of the target audience.

Bobby Treetops

Quote from: Thomas on October 08, 2013, 11:31:29 PM
I saw a poster for it on the side of a bus earlier.

Generally[nb]But not always[/nb] when a film is advertised on the side of a bus, it's a right old load of dog turd.

Also see, when Nuts magazine give a film a 5 out of 5 rating.

madhair60

Thomas

That was the poster's review quote, as it happens.

dr beat

Quotewhen a film is advertised on the side of a bus, it's a right old load of dog turd.

I also use the 'advertised on buses' rule when I'm judging films, and 9 times out of 10 its normally correct.

Anyway, I saw an ad for this earlier this evening and I had no idea who James Corden was meant to be.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: dr beat on October 09, 2013, 11:24:47 PM
I also use the 'advertised on buses' rule when I'm judging films, and 9 times out of 10 its normally correct.

Anyway, I saw an ad for this earlier this evening and I had no idea who James Corden was meant to be.

I thought it was the original werther's original child. Now starring in "original suckers"

neveragain

I've come to my senses by the way. This is really quite shite.

madhair60

It's unbelievable to think how fat and how much of a cunt James Corden is.

momatt

I am relieved that I had to Google who Paul Potts is.

As many of you have already said - why does this film exist?  Does anyone truly give a fuck?

Why has nobody done a nifty photoshop fuck-up of the poster yet?

mothman

So, hang on. The trailer has all the tropes of 'modern' "working class" cinema (if you see what I mean) - terraced houses, laconic no-nonsense northeners, Julie Walters, alienated teens hanging out on Blackpool Beach (or similar), dark satanic mills, I probably just missed the flat caps and whippets while I was rolling my eyes... But there's just one problem.

HE'S FROM FUCKING BRISTOL!

This is... words fail me... does 'cinematic laziness' cover it? Is it not enough that it's aiming to be Full Monty/Little Voice/Brassed Off/etc., but it has to be EXACTLY LIKE those films right down to setting?

That's it. The line must be drawn here, no further. I've largely remained indifferent to the existence of Corden. Never watched Gavin&Stacey, certainly not Horne&Corden, tolerated him in History Boys, actually quite like his two Who eps. But enough is enough. Time the fat cunt got harpooned out of our misery.

onthebeach

"You lack for me the confidence." If there's lots of Pavarotti with this sort of dialogue I'm there.

Incidentally, a Daily Mail EXCLUSIVE has Harvey Weinstein tipping Corden for an academy award for his role as Paul Potts in a Harvey Weinstein-produced film!

paolozzi

Can't James Gorden just hurry up and die of heart failure already?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: paolozzi on October 19, 2013, 05:27:44 PM
Can't James Gorden just hurry up and die of heart failure already?

That's a bit harsh, he is a human after all.[nb]I'd like to see him jerking like an electrified elephant seal due to a massive seizure, live on BBC Breakfast as Peter Kay watches on in horror[/nb]

madhair60

I looked up "fat cunt" in the dictionary.  It wasn't in there.  But James Corden is a fat cunt.

BritishHobo

Quote"It's only when he started singing that they ran down to the wings because they were like, 'Oh my God'.

"You didn't expect it and that was the first lesson that we all learnt [on the show] - you can't judge someone on how they look until you see what talent they've got."

A lesson so important they had to learn it twice.

Thomas

BlodwynPig

Has Mulhern turned into JLC? *Bring back grange hill?

Blue Jam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 17, 2013, 09:09:03 PM
It's the movie event of the century! Here's the trailer for a biopic of Britain's Got Talent's first winner, who apparently had an interesting life but I disagree

Indeed. I'd much prefer a biopic of The X Factor's own Mr Chico Time, the Welsh/Moroccan former stripper and goat herder.

Marissa

These origins of children's classics movies - Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins - might trigger an early days biopic of a much loved entertainer who got his break on a talent show: Jim 'Nick Nick' Davidson & New Faces.

It would be perfect for Jack Whitehall to broaden his range.