Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:39:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Machete Kills

Started by VegaLA, September 17, 2013, 10:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

New trailer:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/09/17/machete-kills-red-band-trailer-2

That Sofia Vergara's character has to be related to Tom Savini's 'Sex Machine' character surly? Like the last movie it looks like a big blast of fun.

SteveDave

I did chuckle when Lady Gaga's character gets hit in the crotch & she doubles up like her balls had been kicked. Nice touch.

VegaLA

If you see just ONE movie this year*

Well that was FUN. Loved every minute of it and I'm looking forwards to the third movie already. Even the combined efforts of Gaga and Mel Gibson couldn't spoil this for me but if I had to complain about something, I'd say they used the Helicopter gag once too many times. Other than that it was utter gross out fun from beginning to end.  My film of the year.

Next, Machete Kills Again

Spoiler alert
...in Space
[close]

* Due to finances, a small child and other personal shit going on this year today was the only chance I had to go to the cinema for the entire year!! Date well spent methinks.

Swoz_MK

I liked the original Machete fake trailer before Planet Terror but couldn't stand the feature.

Now, Machete Kills I REALLY liked. Mel Gibson was fucking astounding.

And as for those last few minutes, well, I hope we see more of that.

phantom_power

There may not be another sequel as this tanked in the US. It may make back the money on DVD etc but it only took 3.8m, which is pretty weak

VegaLA

Quote from: phantom_power on October 16, 2013, 01:56:45 PM
There may not be another sequel as this tanked in the US. It may make back the money on DVD etc but it only took 3.8m, which is pretty weak

I blame Mel Gibson. Not worried, I'm sure
Spoiler alert
Elon Musk
[close]
* will finance the next epic.

* Cameo spoiler.

Deanjam

Quote from: phantom_power on October 16, 2013, 01:56:45 PM

Opened on 2500 screens as well. Dreadful opening. Gravity and Captain Phillips box office have killed it.

Small Man Big Horse

I watched this tonight and enjoyed it a lot, despite it being ridiculously silly. I'm surprised to say Carlos Estevez won me over by the end (though it took a while), whilst the rest of the cast were all on top form, her out of Modern Family especially. I guess it did take me a short while to forget that Gibson's a mental racist, but other than that I've no complaints. Oh, bar that it should have featured a lot more of Walter Goggins. But I tend to say that about everything.

phantom_power

Quote from: Deanjam on October 16, 2013, 04:12:12 PM
Opened on 2500 screens as well. Dreadful opening. Gravity and Captain Phillips box office have killed it.

The fact that it appeared to cost about $50 to make and was probably self-financed might make another sequel slightly more likely (plus it should do well on VoD and DVD

Ringside

I enjoyed the first one a lot more. The second felt more of a mockery than a tribute, I thought.

I did enjoy Mel Gibson and Lady Gaga though.

I'll probably give the third one a miss if they do indeed make it.

phantom_power

I thought Lady Gaga was terrible. I agree that Goggins (and Banderas and Gooding Jr) were under-used but I suppose that is both a function of their character and a way of getting so many stars in the film