Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:25:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"We Interrupt this Programme" - Mark Thomas on spoof radio shows

Started by Pinball, August 02, 2004, 08:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

A bit relevant to CM, so thought I'd flag it!
QuoteWe Interrupt this Programme      

Tue 3 Aug, 11:30 - 12:00  30 mins      

1/4
Bob Elliot and Ray Goulding

Mark Thomas presents profiles of four American comedy acts who used the conventions of radio for their own subversive ends. In the first programme he looks at Bob Elliot and Ray Goulding, the original practitioners of the spoof radio show, who influenced at least two generations of comedians, whether they realise it or not.      

Stereo  
4 x 30-minute shows, and I'll be MP3ing 'em, sharing them on Soulseek later (BBC7 folder) as usual. Now the question is: to what degree was Chris Morris influenced by these American spoof radio chappies?

Neil

OOh, Bob and Ray are ace, I'll have to try and catch this tomorrow.  Can someone let Apexjazz know?  I can't get on Soulseek for a bit.  Any idea who else will be featured in the run?

Pinball

Quote from: "Neil"OOh, Bob and Ray are ace, I'll have to try and catch this tomorrow.  Can someone let Apexjazz know?  I can't get on Soulseek for a bit.  Any idea who else will be featured in the run?
I'll message Apex now. Don't know who else will be covered, but with 3 more programmes I'm looking forward to all of them!

Pinball

ApexJazz

Pinny did indeed tell me.  Downloading now, very anxious to hear this; I'll comment afterwards.