Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:29:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Biggest C**Ts in the recording industry

Started by leighhart, September 24, 2013, 09:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leighhart

This guy takes fuckery to new heights, Zane Lowe needs a kick up the arse for indulging this buffoon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2T0fMkZoMo&feature=player_embedded

any others spring to mind?

BlodwynPig

Wise words from two great minds. Wow.

Gonna get me some of those leather jogging pants.

NoSleep

Paul Gambacinni can take the arse-licking, music-biz-acquiescing to extraordinary heights. He unironically celebrates the bullshit manouvres of the majors as if they are servicing the art of music supremely well and bringing the absolute best of music to us.

leighhart

Quote from: NoSleep on September 24, 2013, 11:41:04 AM
Paul Gambacinni can take the arse-licking, music-biz-acquiescing to extraordinary heights. He unironically celebrates the bullshit manouvres of the majors as if they are servicing the art of music supremely well and bringing the absolute best of music to us.

I enjoyed this interview of his
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSQ6ispjgnU&feature=player_detailpage

leighhart

The Offspring's guitarist, Noodles, quietly knew when the band had made it, not so much when they where invited to the MTV Awards, but when they where privy to the theatrical bonding of U2's Bono and Mick Jagger backstage.

"We'd just finished an interview with these two blonde girls who, I don't know, do interviews because they're hot and blonde!" he laughs. "Mick Jagger and Bono walked right past us and Mick Jagger's just looking at the girls. He doesn't even see me. I mean he looks right through me at these girls and then Bono actually taps me on the shoulder and says 'Ah yes, the stairs to success, I suppose will shall have to climb them then', looking at the girls. I thought it was a great line."

biggytitbo

George Harrison always came across as a whinging, miserable arsehole.

Ohh yeah I became a multimillionaire in my early 20s and was a member of the biggest band of all time...let me just endlessly moan and snipe about that for the next 40 years.

leighhart

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 24, 2013, 12:05:58 PM
George Harrison always came across as a whinging, miserable arsehole.

Ohh yeah I became a multimillionaire in my early 20s and was a member of the biggest band of all time...let me just endlessly moan and snipe about that for the next 40 years.

to a lesser extent Id add Thom Yorke to that list

syntaxerror

Metallica. Something about louise mensch and napster. Oh, I don't know.

holyzombiejesus

Jamiroquai.

Badly Drawn Boy.

Also, there's that horrible selfish cunt Dave Bulmer who owns the rights to loads of great folk albums but refuses to issue or license them, meaning that stuff like Nic Jones' early albums remain unavailable.

Oh, and also David Van Day for stealing the Bucks Fizz name from poor old Bobby G.

EDIT: I have just read that Dave Bulmer has died. RIP Dave.

BlodwynPig

holyzombiejesus

Barry Hogan of ATP said

QuoteKilling Joke and the Butthole Surfers will never play ATP again, and they can both suck my balls. And you can put that in print. The Black Lips will never play again—they're assholes. They broke into a chalet and started stealing stuff

Also, a friend had dealings with that woman from Goldfrapp and, apparently, she was a cunt.

kngen

The whole Greg Ginn/Black Flag court case thing has painted the man in a pretty bad light, and has shown him up to be the weird, spiky, obsessive, narky humourless cunt that most people who've worked with him know all too well, but has been pretty hidden in the public domain up until now.

I've communicated with him a couple of times - he's a very odd man.

NoSleep

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 24, 2013, 01:21:20 PM

Oh, and also David Van Day for stealing the Bucks Fizz name from poor old Bobby G.

Although that whole episode is rather amusing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rV9fD6i-WE

Subtle Mocking

As in the tags, Mike Love. There's so much wrong with that cunt I wouldn't know where to start.

I'll plump for an old CaB favourite, Jess Conrad. From biting a bit of Heinz's nose off, to threatening to cut off Frankie Howerd's ears, to being a fucking Freemason, he's an endless goodie bag of cuntitude. And with some of the worst songs ever committed to record as the cherry on top of the cunt cupcake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGESxjqHf7E

Dusty Gozongas

Dave Brock. I'm looking at you. You've changed maan.

daf

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on September 24, 2013, 01:53:47 PM
I'll plump for an old CaB favourite, Jess Conrad. From biting a bit of Heinz's nose off, to threatening to cut off Frankie Howerd's ears, to being a fucking Freemason, he's an endless goodie bag of cuntitude. And with some of the worst songs ever committed to record as the cherry on top of the cunt cupcake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGESxjqHf7E

I'll forgive Conrad anything for this -

Jess Conrad with Tanya Tenola - 'Soccer Superstar' :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHEvvpazUcI

I always imagine he delivers the sinister "We know who you are" line as he hides in the bushes with a flick-knife.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: daf on September 24, 2013, 02:12:50 PM
I'll forgive Conrad anything for this -

Jess Conrad with Tanya Tenola - 'Soccer Superstar' :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_urjNkxaLz0

Ah yes, how could I forget this lyrical masterpiece?

"You're rich and famous through kicking a ball! You shine so brightly like a precious jewel!"

BlodwynPig

Custard

What makes Badly Drawn Boy a cunt, then?

First time I've ever heard that. Well, maybe a few people might have muttered it at some of his more shambolic live gigs, but that's hardly cunt-worthy. Annoying, but not cunt-worthy

Head Gardener

Quote from: Shameless Custard on September 24, 2013, 02:24:47 PM

First time I've ever heard that. Well, maybe a few people might have muttered it at some of his more shambolic live gigs, but that's hardly cunt-worthy. Annoying, but not cunt-worthy

but he upset the CHILDREN  when he last played in Northampton

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Shameless Custard on September 24, 2013, 02:24:47 PM

I know loads of people who have had dealings with him and pretty much every one of them vouches for his cuntitude. From ripping off musicians and co-writers, to kicking off at people (generally women) for the slightest reason, he's pretty horrible.

Garam

Watched two minutes of the Kanye West video, and he's talking about how his albums will be perceived 200 years from now. Oof.

Quote from: NoSleep on September 24, 2013, 11:41:04 AM

Could you point to some proof of this because I sort of like that chap.

NoSleep

Almost any time I've seen him as a talking head on TV he's spouting industry-friendly bollocks. A couple of times I especially remember is explaining the strategy of every track on an album being released as a single one by one as if it was something desirable (and citing Michael Jackson as the "pioneer" of this travesty). The other was whilst commenting on some big event (not Live Aid but one of those that came after) talking about "the power of rock and roll" being "unleashed" instead of the finger-wagging, backslapping, self-promoting bollocks it actually was. He talks like pages from Music Week (who once ran an article about what a travesty it was that The Bee Gees had been ridiculed on Clive Anderson, for example).

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 24, 2013, 01:37:17 PM
Barry Hogan of ATP said

Also, a friend had dealings with that woman from Goldfrapp and, apparently, she was a cunt.
What did they do? I'm intrigued...I'd have thought with their herculean acid intake in the 80s, they'd have calmed down a bit now.

Also, re: Badly Drawn Boy, my mate Helen once sat next to a pre-fame BDB in a pub in Manchester, where he'd just done a show. She was pissed, and when asked if she'd liked the show, said "nah, you were fucking shit". So there's a little payback for him being a dick to others, I guess.

23 Daves

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on September 24, 2013, 01:53:47 PM
From biting a bit of Heinz's nose off....

To be fair, Heinz could have been a strong nominee on this thread as well during his lifetime.  By all accounts a bit of a cunt who thought he was a superstar and honestly believed his one minor hit should have set him up for life.  Joe Meek helped matters none by encouraging him to think this way, obviously, but by the time of his death you'd hope he'd have realised his position in the grand scheme of things. 

"He died with barely a penny to his name..." - well yes, but I'm sure members of Wang Chung wouldn't be living very well either if they'd depended solely on royalties from "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight" and occasional live performances.  And they wrote their own tunes.

Has anyone mentioned music industry mogul David Balfe yet?  You can't read about any of the bands he signed or managed without tripping over some particularly unflattering stories. 

Gavin M

A friend of a friend worked with Heinz in the 80s on the railway tracks in Southampton, apparently he was generally a nice, down-to-earth chap, not like the portrayal of him seen on Telstar etc.  But he wasn't without his problems, chiefly alcohol.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: NoSleep on September 24, 2013, 04:23:18 PM
Almost any time I've seen him as a talking head on TV he's spouting industry-friendly bollocks. A couple of times I especially remember is explaining the strategy of every track on an album being released as a single one by one as if it was something desirable (and citing Michael Jackson as the "pioneer" of this travesty). The other was whilst commenting on some big event (not Live Aid but one of those that came after) talking about "the power of rock and roll" being "unleashed" instead of the finger-wagging, backslapping, self-promoting bollocks it actually was. He talks like pages from Music Week (who once ran an article about what a travesty it was that The Bee Gees had been ridiculed on Clive Anderson, for example).

Though he's probably still less of a cunt than most 1970s Radio 1 DJs.

Tiny Poster

And yet still one of the biggest cunts in the industry!

I've seen him from time to time near Piccadilly Circus with his sexy young boyfriends. You go for it, Gambo!

Mary is not amused

Quote from: Tiny Poster on September 24, 2013, 06:21:23 PM
I've seen him from time to time near Piccadilly Circus with his sexy young boyfriends.

What a cunt?