Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:41:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Biggest C**Ts in the recording industry

Started by leighhart, September 24, 2013, 09:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Poster

One of the biggest in the recording industry!

Mary is not amused

Quote from: Tiny Poster on September 24, 2013, 06:32:18 PM
One of the biggest in the recording industry!

I don't doubt it given his sexuality, age preferences, occasional sightings in crowded public places and being the subject of bafflingly immaterial anecdotes.  A stain on humanity.

I once saw Gerald Kaufman at Euston train station.  His luggage looked as though it had been purchased recently.

Epic Bisto

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 24, 2013, 01:37:17 PM
Barry Hogan of ATP said...

I had the pleasure of supporting Dalek not long after their appearance at the same festival. Apparently, Gibby Haynes punched several people in the face for no reason that weekend, including a waitress. In fact, he and the rest of the Butthole Surfers are utter arseholes. Suing Touch & Go Records is a perfect example of their behaviour, as well as much of what ended up in the book "Our Band Could Be Your Life".

Chalk up another vote for Greg Ginn while we're at it. SST was once home to many amazing bands, now it's just Ginn's shitty jam band vanity projects. He fucked over his brother and practically every person signed to his label, he only re-formed Black Flag after having a strop over the FLAG thing. Now he's trying to sue most of the ex-members.

biggytitbo

Apperently Charles Manson could be a bit of a tit at times aswell, although obviously his music makes up for that.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 24, 2013, 02:48:47 PM
I know loads of people who have had dealings with him and pretty much every one of them vouches for his cuntitude. From ripping off musicians and co-writers, to kicking off at people (generally women) for the slightest reason, he's pretty horrible.

I like his music but I've heard bad things about him too, including asking someone for a cigarette and then being shitty to them because it was menthol. Get your own cigarettes, rich bastard!

thugler

Quote from: leighhart on September 24, 2013, 09:29:43 AM
This guy takes fuckery to new heights, Zane Lowe needs a kick up the arse for indulging this buffoon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2T0fMkZoMo&feature=player_embedded

any others spring to mind?

This is unbelievable! Beyond parody.

DukeDeMondo

Sorry, but that Kanye West interview is fuckin' amazing. Cunt's a genre unto himself. Yeezus is amazing, and the man's genuinely hilarious. What more does anyone want? Give me some maniac spitting on about shoes and synesthesia and why it's ok to call himself a gangster but not a God, all the while interrupting his own absolutely staggering records, over a bunch of muttering cunts in matching bicycles any day.

momatt

Quote from: clingfilm portent on September 24, 2013, 03:06:40 PM
Could you point to some proof of this because I sort of like that chap [Paul Gambacinni].

I really don't understand at all.
He boasted about knowing all about Jimmy Savile's crimes and how he never ever said anything about it.  Until he was dead.  *slow clap*

Thomas

Here, Paul gets rather angry that journalists of the day didn't act on their knowledge of Savile's crimes, and then defends his own inaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P--EIek-2OY

Tiny Poster

Quote from: leighhart on September 24, 2013, 09:29:43 AM
This guy takes fuckery to new heights, Zane Lowe needs a kick up the arse for indulging this buffoon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2T0fMkZoMo&feature=player_embedded

any others spring to mind?

Zane Lowe is the cunt in this clip, right? And every other clip he's been in.

mook

Quote from: Thomas on September 25, 2013, 09:16:03 AM
Here, Paul gets rather angry that journalists of the day didn't act on their knowledge of Savile's crimes, and then defends his own inaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P--EIek-2OY

he sounded angrier when mentioning that savile didn't cue up his own records or "work the board"

lazyhour

I've had dinner with Gambo and he was delightful.

My interpretation of his 'pro-industry' comments in documentaries has always been that he just sees himself as an industry truth-teller. I don't think he's necessarily taking moral positions on this stuff - just saying what's worked and not worked for the muzik biz over the years.

Tiny Poster

No! In the recording industry, the truth is that he is THE BIGGEST CUNT

(he was great on that Shuttleworth pilot)

NoSleep

Quote from: lazyhour on September 25, 2013, 09:28:56 AM
I've had dinner with Gambo and he was delightful.

My interpretation of his 'pro-industry' comments in documentaries has always been that he just sees himself as an industry truth-teller. I don't think he's necessarily taking moral positions on this stuff - just saying what's worked and not worked for the muzik biz over the years.

That's what the media looks for in presenters. They favour the "i'm not into politics," non-argumentive, non-opinionated type. You'd have a hard time working out the real opinion of virtually anybody hired to be on TV or radio as a talking head. So Gambacinni's going along with the status quo looks even more calculating than the average airhead DJ or morning TV presenter as it's clear he intelligent enough to have formed an opinion of his own and articulate enough to express it. He's a shill.

Tiny Poster

Let's take a brief interlude, with Lee Perry singing about how Island Records boss Chris Blackwell is literally a vampire.

http://vimeo.com/34710965

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: NoSleep on September 25, 2013, 10:10:31 AM
That's what the media looks for in presenters. They favour the "i'm not into politics," non-argumentive, non-opinionated type. You'd have a hard time working out the real opinion of virtually anybody hired to be on TV or radio as a talking head. So Gambacinni's going along with the status quo looks even more calculating than the average airhead DJ or morning TV presenter as it's clear he intelligent enough to have formed an opinion of his own and articulate enough to express it. He's a shill.

Though he's never really pretended otherwise.  Surely someone like Feargal Sharkey or Lars Ulrich is more of a turncoat in that regard.

Neville Chamberlain

Ah, come on! Feargal Sharkey's got a good heart - and these days, that's hard to find.

NoSleep

So it's OK to be a cunt as long you start out from that position?

Lars Ulrich and Feargal Sharkey are merely pissing in the inevitable wind.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on September 25, 2013, 11:23:59 AM
Ah, come on! Feargal Sharkey's got a good heart - and these days, that's hard to find.

I hear his cousin's actually the least likeable member of his family.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

when he sang on "Teenage Kicks", he wasn't even eighteen.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Tiny Poster on September 25, 2013, 10:13:38 AM
Let's take a brief interlude, with Lee Perry singing about how Island Records boss Chris Blackwell is literally a vampire.

http://vimeo.com/34710965

That's funny; Nirvana (the original 60s ones) wrote a song called Christopher Lucifer, apparently about the same person.

phantom_power

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 24, 2013, 02:48:47 PM
From ripping off musicians and co-writers

Is this a possible reason why his early stuff is so great and most stuff after the About a Boy soundtrack is pretty dull?

Custard

I love the way Kanye strips away the surface of humbleness, and gets more manic as that interview progresses. And Zane Lowe desperately trying to laugh and agree with every mind-fart he squeezes out. Its a masterclass in out of touch ego being lubed by even more arselicking

And yet I can't help myself enjoying Kanye. He's a true pop star in that he is clearly out of control and reality melted away a long time back. And that's what all the best pop stars are like, and should be like.

Once you get that audience, and that platform, act like a twerp. Annoy everyone. Call George Bush a cunt on live TV. Least its not fucking Keane or The Kooks.

And yet I still have a suspicion its all an act, as he knows it will keep people talking about him.

His idea to create "3d music" is Spinal Tap worthy funniness. It just needed a tiny rock formation to really sell it

Blinder Data

Quote from: phantom_power on September 25, 2013, 11:53:19 AM
Is this a possible reason why his early stuff is so great and most stuff after the About a Boy soundtrack is pretty dull?

My brother's old housemate did the horns on 'The Shining', created the melody, performed them, all that. Got no royalties for it.

Though I did enjoy Mr Gough loudly muttering about 'fucking LA cunts' during a show in front of incredulous chattering Cali airheads.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: phantom_power on September 25, 2013, 11:53:19 AM

EDIT: What he says up ^there^. I think the cellist from Alfie co-wrote that bit too, and again received zip, despite it being used for, amongst other things, a Gap advert.

My friend had a run in with lots of the Twisted Nerve people and rather than challenge him about what was going on, Damon was all nice and friendly to his face but then had a big go at his girlfriend.

He's also changed the football team that he supports, the sign of a cunt if ever there was one.

Tiny Poster

Once Around The Block was alright.

Oh! If this helps, my mate pubed BDB at a festival once.

What's pubing? Well, it's when you conceal a pubic hair between your fingers, then deposit it into someone's palm as you shake their hand.

phantom_power

I think we have our answer. Your mate is the biggest cunt in the recording industry