Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:24:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Strategy war game

Started by Borboski, September 24, 2013, 09:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borboski

I like a nice little skirmish level battle, I do.  I haven't really ever found a good one for my PC, however.  Generally the battles aren't very "fair" against the AI; in other words Jagged Alliance and Xcom are more like one-off 'puzzles'.  Valkeryia Chronicles was much the same (although I liked that).

Disgaea 3, well, I toyed with it but it was far too flipping mental for me to get to grips with.  Maybe I could try again this evening.  My only real attempt ended about 5 hours in, however I'd levelled my players led to the first boss having something like 5 million hit points, with my guys only doing about 20-30 points of damage at that time!

Fantasy Tactics is the sort of thing I want, I think, but I'm not sure you can get it on PC...

Borboski

Oh, I used to like Total War, but when I load them up I can't even work out which territory belongs to who.  I don't think the battles are actually that realistic, and just seem like a massive waste of energy to go through (e.g. if you have enough archers etc and take your time you can always win once you've worked out the outline tactics).