Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 07:30:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Now We Return You To The Test Card, And Some Music..."

Started by TJ, August 03, 2004, 10:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ

Quote from: "TV Fetish"
QuoteMichael Alexander St. John was a continuity announcer at HTV for years

Michael St John was a rather charming man who was the CA at HTV West until the mid 70's. He was in his late 40's then!  He had longish grey hair, had a beard and glasses and had a liking for wearing sweaters!

Not how I pictured him at all! I always had a bloke who looked rather like 'Baaadad' from "The Adam And Joe Show" in mind.

Disco Dalek

A little earlier, Shaddock casually mentions

Quote6 CDs of test card music (about 50% of which I remember very well) so withdrawal symptoms have somewhat receded. The test card and its music had a lot more class to them than current day-time TV.

Somebody please, please tell me where I can score them. Are they on the open market as a box set, perhaps?

I would climb mountains, ford streams, and undergo the protracted physical & emotional trauma of gender reassignment in order to carry someone else's baby - all for the pleasure of listening to this sonic crack again...

Edit:
Ah, whoops and fiddly-me: I see www.apollosound.com is heaving with the stuff. Not to mention HMV.

Once again, calm scents the hospital pillows I gnaw upon.

TJ