Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:40:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris on GLR - in 1994?

Started by weirdbeard, September 29, 2013, 02:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weirdbeard

Evidently so, if this listing page from that days Daily Mail is correct.  A 2 and half hour Easter Monday morning show. Can anyone with a Radio Times back this up?  One to add to the Holy Grail list, I'd say.  Also found a listing for another 1992 show, on 6th September.

Neil

Bloody hell.  Could be a repeat of an old show, or some kind of best-of?  Would make sense given the holiday period.  Then again it's as likely to be another new show, at a point in time when Morris was utterly incomparable on radio.  Wonder if it followed the 93 format with the same people contributing.

weirdbeard

Quote from: Neil on September 29, 2013, 02:37:31 PM
Bloody hell.  Could be a repeat of an old show, or some kind of best-of?  Would make sense given the holiday period.  Then again it's as likely to be another new show, at a point in time when Morris was utterly incomparable on radio.  Wonder if it followed the 93 format with the same people contributing.

I'd bet on it being a new show, he certainly wasn't adverse to popping into GLR and knocking out a one-off show, especially on a bank holiday - he did Easter Monday in 1991, Spring Bank Holiday and Christmas Bank Holiday Monday in 1992.

TJ

Someone on the old old forum once swore blind that he'd once heard Baynham on a Morris GLR show, and didn't appear to be making it up or mistaking it for the Radio 1 stuff. This would fit perfectly timewise...

gloria

I don't remember doing all those shows for Classic FM...

benthalo