Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:45:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Things that are mildly irritating

Started by Pinball, August 03, 2004, 07:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morrisfan82

Having the cocking theme tune to Diff'rent Strokes lodged in my head all afternoon. Out, damned song!

Captain Crunch

Quote from: "Muteki"Having the cocking theme tune to Diff'rent Strokes lodged in my head all afternoon. Out, damned song!

Easy cure for that my two-legged friend:

We built this city
We built this city
On rock and roll

Or, for those MOR days:

Why do birds
Suddenly appear?
Every time
You are near?

Morrisfan82

I've got me headphones blaring at the moment, so your dastardly plan failed, evil temptress...

Tell you what was a mistake though, last week I working on my amusing Blink182-style cover version of A Question Of Sport, looping a section and trying to think up lyrics, and that bastard burnt itself into my dreams.

Gazeuse

I feel blue.

My old Nan would've said, 'I feel anyhow.'

My bottom lip is poking out.

I thought that it might be a full moon, but it's a waxing crescent at the moment. Perhaps it's SAD...It was dark when I woke up.

There are a few irritating things happening at the moment around these parts...Normally I'd just get on with it, but I feel thoroughly browned off. I know it won't be long before something distracts me and I'm all better, but I was wondering if anyone else felt a bit... *sigh* ...Fed up.

Pinball

I'm exhausted. No holiday for two years, and no let up at work. I've told 'em I'm having a holiday next week. I'm supposed to be overseas for a meeting, but they can get fucked. My director is off-sick today. Bless.

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "Gazeuse"There are a few irritating things happening at the moment around these parts...Normally I'd just get on with it, but I feel thoroughly browned off. I know it won't be long before something distracts me and I'm all better, but I was wondering if anyone else felt a bit... *sigh* ...Fed up.

Absolutely. I always seem to end up feeling miserable at around this time of year. I think it's to do with the days getting shorter, darker and colder while at the same time I'm also having to deal with the start of term. I'm feeling very stressed about university for some reason, I'm a bit scared my courses will be all difficult but I think it's really just fear of the unknown because I haven't properly started the year yet so I don't know what the day to day routine of it all will feel like. I expect I'll feel alright soon.

Ooh, get me, posting in a things thread. It's a disgrace.

butnut

Sorry mate, but for some reason I'm feeling annoyingly happy today. I don't know why, maybe it's the thought of all those 'things' threads being locked, or the fact I'm actually getting some serious work done, I don't know.

As you say, it'll all change soon and you'll be over the moon and I'll be down in the dumpd.

Gazeuse

butnut

Hehe, you see, that's put even more of a smile on my face.

Mister Cairo

Brad

I find Wesley Crusher mildly irritating.

EDIT: Oh my, a haha!

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Gazeuse"I feel blue...I know it won't be long before something distracts me and I'm all better, but I was wondering if anyone else felt a bit... *sigh* ...Fed up.
Yes, me too today.  I didn't get up for hours after waking up, I just lay in bed moping, when normally I manage to at least trudge downstairs and talk bollocks to a blue screen all day.

By the time you read this you'll probably have cheered up, mind.

thepuffpastryhangman

Being completely out of touch with the forum, ha. Sometimes I'll start a thread with an obvious theme (so fucking obvious it seems pointless) and it'll prove very popular, other times, I feel a wee bit inspired, and start to believe I've actually had a good idea, start a thread, and, it's pulled to pieces. Oh well.

On the other hand I'd be more worried, and more than "slightly irritated" if we did all agree re: notions of worthiness.

Neil

Quote from: "Brad"EDIT: Oh my, a haha!

:-)

Suttonpubcrawl

Neil

Ta, couldn't find this as I was searching for the wrong term.  Think that's it then isn't it? Ooh I feel like a right meany.

It was on page three, I think we just helped Neil to find it! We're bad soldiers, we are.  "Shoot us, we're over here!"