Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 729
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:33:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chance In A Million

Started by Lucky Jackson, August 04, 2004, 11:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Jackson

Anyone have any memories of it. (or indeed any copies of it)
Aired out in the mid-eighties.
I have mixed feelings about Simon Callow though I couldn't imagine anyone bettering his Tom Chance character.
It was introduced to me by a friend who's step-dad had the whole lot on tape.
He was a complete bastard that tape was his only redeeming factor.
The way Simon Callow processed his diction meant every line was extremely quotable.
I'm pretty positive it's not commercially available and the step-dad long since flew the nest.

TJ

Fantastic stuff. I'd love to see it again.

The wedding episode, where the bride and groom ended up in jail and the relatives (with cake in tow) got lost in a sewer, was excellent.

Bilko

The only thing a vaguely remember was Simon Callow used to down a pint in  each show.  It became a stunt where the whole audience were waiting for it and would roar with laughter when it happened.

Lord Spong

I do remember that every episode had an excuse for Brenda Blethyn to strip to her underwear.
I also remember my Dad being a bit of a fan.

The above two facts may be connected.

dumpster

Wasn't the joke that he would down a pint, in one, in the middle of a sentence?

I remember him saying

"You should just take everything", downs a whole pint, "in your stride."

Tokyo Sexwhale

I remember liking this too, probably due to the acting more than the script (which was written by the same people who wrote "The Brittas Empire" by the way).

zozman

Quote from: "dumpster"Wasn't the joke that he would down a pint, in one, in the middle of a sentence?

I remember him saying

"You should just take everything", downs a whole pint, "in your stride."

In this example, the "in your stride" bit would be said in a deep, burping voice.  I think.  Wasn't there a sympathetic policeman who always had to deal with him or something?  Very hazy memories......

Lucky Jackson

I only actually recall one solitary line
'Ruby - size of a Murray mint'.

Purple Tentacle

I've never heard of it, but I am amused by the Lee and Herring-style tenuous sitcom title.

Tom Chance in Chance in a Million.
Along with The Brittas Empire, Nelson's Column, Robin's Nest, Fawlty Towers and Bent Coppers.