Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:58:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Help me CaB, you're my only hope

Started by Charles, October 30, 2013, 12:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles

A tad over dramatic, but who doesn't like to feel like a Princess every now and then?

I need to set up a website for an art project I'm working on with some friends. Problem is, as we are all artistic, we're pretty useless when it comes to useful things like website building. I was wondering where's cheap and relatively easy place to host website for 9 months - a year? Saw http://website.1and1.co.uk and was wondering if they were worth looking into?

Cheers!

Quote from: Charles on October 30, 2013, 12:13:03 PM
A tad over dramatic, but who doesn't like to feel like a Princess every now and then?

I need to set up a website for an art project I'm working on with some friends. Problem is, as we are all artistic, we're pretty useless when it comes to useful things like website building. I was wondering where's cheap and relatively easy place to host website for 9 months - a year? Saw http://website.1and1.co.uk and was wondering if they were worth looking into?

Cheers!

I hear Squarespace is pretty good, generally. And you can get discounts if you use promo-codes from podcasts, I think How Did This Get Made can get you some. Comes with a trial period and I'm 99% sure you don't need to put your credit card details in for that. I think you also get the domain names and have a really simple to use decoration, layouts and templates and such.

Heard the web-designer on the Giant Bombcast last night talking them up as well, but most of the recommendations I get are from people who are being sponsored, but hey, give it a shot anyway.

Charles

Never heard of Squarespace, but damn, that sounds perfect. Thanks for the heads up. Going promo code-hunting!