Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:31:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Neil, November 04, 2013, 11:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

I'm still too ill to enjoy the new snow tonight, but put my hoody on and stood out with him for 20 minutes or so, watching him messing about and running around like a tit. Glorious, to be honest. Love that wee man.

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

New Jack

I'm allergic to kittens and puppies.

Amazingly, I've been asked why I'm an atheist

Dex Sawash

state of the kerning there

manticore

Watch this krazy row between a mama cat and her little daughter from a live cat cam I watch. The mama has sneezed and her kitten thinks she's become her mortal enemy. Interesting to see how it works out, all in slow motion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6KIIToZjOE&t=192s

Clownbaby

I always hate the stereotype that "all cats are bastards." They're just the same as dogs or any other pet in that some are bastards and some are nice. There are so many crappy, annoying dogs, just as there are nasty cats. My two cats are like 2 massive kittens. Barely make a dent when they bite, fat, cuddly, friendly. I've also met some very unfriendly cats as well. Generally people who say cats are bastards say that cause they got scratched by one when they were young or only happened to encounter nasty cats

Thomas

My partner and I have recently adopted a stray cat. Our first cat together. Lot of responsibility, innit, a pet? Exciting, really.

He seemed to be living in the dusty basement car park behind our house. He's only about a year old, but he was very thin, has a crooked tail-tip and scars on his face, and he is blind in his discoloured left eye - scratched, the vet thinks, in a fight. We named him Ziggy, on account of his-odd eyedness.

We took him to be neutered, to calm his life and deter him from wandering dangerously through the car park and across roads, and he was found, sadly and perhaps inevitably, to have feline leukemia. In cats, as everybody in this thread probably knows, this isn't cancer, but a transmittable virus, so we have to keep him indoors, away from other cats. Which is a shame. I was looking forwards to seeing the new, calmer Ziggy meet the many neighbours' cats in the area. They have to settle for gazing through the glass of the backdoor at each other.

I bought him a harness, so that we could safely walk and supervise him on our little patio during the heatwave, but it turned out to be rubbish and he managed to wriggle out of it, leading me on a slow and slightly panicked 90-minute pursuit during which he managed to keep just out of reach. At one point I had to dive into a bush to prevent him from interacting with another cat.

He's very affectionate now. His meow has improved from the croak it was a month ago. Loves catnip and cardboard boxes (if you have a cat but no cardboard box, find one - I only put a box out recently, and he can't get enough of sitting in it). Still bites when playing, which I'm trying to discourage. Doesn't mind being picked up. He seems to get lonely when we go to bed, and promptly scampers upstairs after us, and sleeps at our feet.

So there's a lengthy, indulgent post about a cat.

Jittlebags

We've got a 'cat lady' living behind our house who has an assemblage of house and outdoor cats. One of the black cats had taken to a cardboard box in our greenhouse, and has now befriended my wife to such an extent that he'll come to the back door, miaow, then get my wife to open the greenhouse for him. Then she'll sit in there with the cat on her lap like a bond villain. The cat's always been a bit suspicious of me though, but maybe that's because I dangle things in front of him from a fishing rod.

During the recent hot weather we've had a black and white cat sheltering under a rock rose in the front garden, and it's become tolerant to me watering flowers and pruning the hedge. Then last week it spotted me from across the road, gave a loud miaow, ran across and let me stroke it. When my wife approached, it gave her a loud hiss, much to my satisfaction.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Thomas on July 16, 2018, 04:15:46 PM
My partner and I have recently adopted a stray cat. Our first cat together. Lot of responsibility, innit, a pet? Exciting, really.

He seemed to be living in the dusty basement car park behind our house. He's only about a year old, but he was very thin, has a crooked tail-tip and scars on his face, and he is blind in his discoloured left eye - scratched, the vet thinks, in a fight. We named him Ziggy, on account of his-odd eyedness.

We took him to be neutered, to calm his life and deter him from wandering dangerously through the car park and across roads, and he was found, sadly and perhaps inevitably, to have feline leukemia. In cats, as everybody in this thread probably knows, this isn't cancer, but a transmittable virus, so we have to keep him indoors, away from other cats. Which is a shame. I was looking forwards to seeing the new, calmer Ziggy meet the many neighbours' cats in the area. They have to settle for gazing through the glass of the backdoor at each other.

I bought him a harness, so that we could safely walk and supervise him on our little patio during the heatwave, but it turned out to be rubbish and he managed to wriggle out of it, leading me on a slow and slightly panicked 90-minute pursuit during which he managed to keep just out of reach. At one point I had to dive into a bush to prevent him from interacting with another cat.

He's very affectionate now. His meow has improved from the croak it was a month ago. Loves catnip and cardboard boxes (if you have a cat but no cardboard box, find one - I only put a box out recently, and he can't get enough of sitting in it). Still bites when playing, which I'm trying to discourage. Doesn't mind being picked up. He seems to get lonely when we go to bed, and promptly scampers upstairs after us, and sleeps at our feet.

So there's a lengthy, indulgent post about a cat.
Heartwarming.

They do love cardboard boxes, or just cardboard in general. My cat likes sitting on the paper bags we get from our occasional pizza takeaways - we currently have about 5 in the living room, it looks like we can't afford carpets.

bgmnts

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 10, 2018, 12:23:34 PM
I always hate the stereotype that "all cats are bastards." They're just the same as dogs or any other pet in that some are bastards and some are nice. There are so many crappy, annoying dogs, just as there are nasty cats. My two cats are like 2 massive kittens. Barely make a dent when they bite, fat, cuddly, friendly. I've also met some very unfriendly cats as well. Generally people who say cats are bastards say that cause they got scratched by one when they were young or only happened to encounter nasty cats

My cat is the exact opposite of a bastard.

Soppy, thick twat who shoves his head in recently worn shoes and is needy as fuck. I think it must happen with age.

Maybe younger cats are all cock of the walk, strutting around the avenue/estate like billy big bollocks, untilt they hit their wise old age where they realise they can be emotional and soppy.

Clownbaby

Quote from: bgmnts on July 16, 2018, 05:02:42 PM
My cat is the exact opposite of a bastard.

Soppy, thick twat who shoves his head in recently worn shoes and is needy as fuck. I think it must happen with age.

Maybe younger cats are all cock of the walk, strutting around the avenue/estate like billy big bollocks, untilt they hit their wise old age where they realise they can be emotional and soppy.

My boy Marvin has been an absolute pushover since he was a kitten. I genuinely think it's just different cat personalities. He also likes shoes, he'll sit between or by just taken off shoes and I often find him lying on my bra the lil perv

Buelligan

Cat news just in - you all probably already know this but anyway...  Just found out that cats (and presumably other animals) with long fluffy fur have much tougher skin than standard cats.  Got this from two sources (one a veterinarian) following the amazing survival of the cat I went into battle against a dog for, a couple of days ago. 

So, if you're thinking about getting a cat, think furry because they appear to bounce much better.

MuteBanana

So obsessed with CreamHeroes. I seriously don't know how her partner manages not to laugh at some of the things that go on.