Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:31:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Neil, November 04, 2013, 11:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

Lovely thread.

This is Jackson:

We got him from the RSPCA about four months ago and he's great. He really loves playing and trying to trip me over on the stairs. He's extremely soft and has developed a bit of an unhealthy obsession with the cat next door, following him around and trying to lick his face, so we're getting another cat this weekend and she'll keep him company. My girlfriend was always a dog person but my old cat (19 years old, died this year, fucking brilliant cat) and Jackson have won her over, to the point where it was her idea to get a second cat and she had to talk me round. He's really furry though and you have to groom him a lot, which he does not like at all. I got a 'Zoom Groom' which they are supposed to love but he bites it. Oh well.

hedgehog90

My cats, Tiggy and Ollie:

They're brothers and I've had them 2 years.
Tiggy (ginger) is a firecracker, I've never known a more agile cat. He's currently got a thing where he likes to climb cupboards and sit up there so he can look down on people. He's also prone to starting fights with Ollie, and every fight ALWAYS ends with Tiggy burying his nose into Ollie's arse and tearing out tufts of beige bum-fluff.
Ollie (white) is a sleepy soft pudge-bucket. Not nearly as agile as Tig, but he's pretty amazing at yawning. He barely puts up a fight, he'd rather just sit and ignore it. I once witnessed Tiggy pissing on Ollie's head while they were outside, but instead of moving he just sat there, almost as if he was enjoying it. He stank for days afterwards.

In recent years it's become a bit of a tradition in my family to make our own cards for each other on occasions like birthdays, Mothers day or Fathers day, and they almost always feature one of the cats.
Here's some cards I've created with my amazing photoshop skills and ordered with Moonpig.

mothman

I'm not sure I can post images from Twitter, but it's late and I can't find any pics online or summon the energy to upload some.

This is my cat Dizzy. She's dead now - we had to have her put to sleep between Christmas and New Year last. Cancer. There was a massive growth all in the left side of her face, I think the distention is just about visible in this pic. She was 11, a moving-in/engagement present from my now-wife. A British Shorthair, not very friendly, who took people on her own terms. A bit like me really. When she was younger she looked like the cat on the Whiskas pouch boxes. A ruthless hunter even by cat standards. I miss her.

Thomas

madhair60

Re-post, but here's one of my cats.

Johnny Townmouse

You remember my eyeless cat. Well check out her maw:

Lieutenant Longstay

Guy

It is you who are the catcunt

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: madhair60 on November 05, 2013, 11:44:42 PM
Re-post, but here's one of my cats.

I laughed. What a guy/girl. Great face.

Blue Jam

Would any/all of you fancy putting together a How To Speak Cat guide here? I'd like to know if Catface likes me saying hello or if I'm annoying her.

Are those little "bites" friendly or aggressive?

What do the long and short meows mean?

That closed-eyed smug face they do when you stroke them under the chin- what's that all about?

Famous Mortimer

I choose to believe this picture, as Littleone does most of these:

Blue Jam

Cheers FM, but I thought the "tail twitching at the tip" was a sign of agitation- a Scottish friend said this was a sign that her cat was "getting radgie". Catface headbutts me a little bit but it's more nose-butting and jumping under my hand. The "love bites" are her just touching my hand very lightly with her fangs, with almost no pressure, and I read that some cats show affection this way while others are telling people to back off when they do this.

Catface is alright but I still prefer dogs, I just understand them better.

onthebeach

I think the small bite thing is a bit of a grooming thing. Your cat is grooming you.

small_world

Quote from: onthebeach on November 06, 2013, 10:50:10 AM
I think the small bite thing is a bit of a grooming thing. Your cat is grooming you.

Hmm...
Ok then, here's my mam and dad's (mam's really) cat 'grooming' my laptop.

And my hand...

AHHGHHH!! MY HAND!!!

Here I am 'grooming' her.

This is Bonnie. She's a little bit mental.
We looked after her when my parents went on holiday earlier in the year.

They got her when she was a kitten, not too long after my mam's old cat, Holly, died, similar to someone up thread, she suffered in her last year with thyroid problems. A few years before that, she somehow managed to break her leg. It was a horrible break, going almost up to her hip. My parents couldn't face having her put down, even though she was starting to get old. So they paid out the (extortionate) vets bill and after a few months and a few mechanical additions, she was fine.

My mam really is a different person with a cat. Bonnie is exactly the same colouring and really similar markings as Holly.
Fact fans trivia: All tortoise shell cats are female[nb]I've actually just checked this an it doesn't seem to be true... http://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-26177,00.html[/nb].

Anyway, Bonnie's nuts. She was a wild kitten and this seems to just be continuing. She routinely attacks people and loves nothing more than to play with the kids in the street. She regularly visits neighbours' houses, on one occasion she was found at someone's front door 'growling' to be let in.

When we looked after her, I was in the gym and as I was mid exercise, she leapt on to my back, digging her claws in to stay stable. Then settled on to my shoulders as I finished off.
She loves climbing up a clothes horse, whether it has clothes on or not.

She also seems to enjoy hunting frogs in the back garden and, surprisingly, water. She'll tap anything wet and try to get in to a container of liquid, if it's big enough.
Her fascination with liquids causes a few issues. Just last week, she jumped in to a tub of chicken madras. Throwing the Madras everywhere, then stamping turmeric coloured liquid all over my parents' house, including the cream stairs carpet, the light grey sofa and both beds. Staining her paws (all four) a shade of yellow.

Bonnie.
[nb]Is there an easier way to link photos in DropBox? I've never used it for photo hosting, so not even sure if these will show up for you. Seemed a bit long winded.[/nb]

small_world

Wow, that's weird.
I was going to title that last image "Bonnie enjoying the most recent Ziggy balding mong".
Wow, how bizarre. I didn't miss post that, did I?

Blue Jam

DrunkCountry

We have 3 rescue cats.

This is Soko & Newt. We've had them for 7years.

Soko was named after the slightly bananas French singer, who sometimes refers to herself as 'Soko The Cat'; we spent a day trying out different names & Soko was the only one she responded to, so it stuck. She's a pretty little imp, with a head like a fucking orange, terribly shy but fiercely sluttish when she gets to know you.

Newt is named after something I heard on a kids' TV drama serial years & years ago when I was about 12 or something. I have no idea what the drama was called, but it was about a group of Irish kids trying to save a bit of woodland from development. They were told the only way the woodland would be saved was if it contained a protected animal or plant of some description. Lo & behold they discovered a rare newt in a stream or a puddle or something. On discovery, one of the little Irish kids asked his mate what it was & his mate replied "It's a newt", to which the kid responded: "What's a newuht?" in his broadest Belfast accent. It stuck with me for years & I always wanted to call a cat Newt, which I obviously eventually did.  Newt is a dwarf maine coon cross, when we got him at 15mths old he could fit in Mrs Country's hand, so we sometimes refer to him by his pretend 'show' name Newton Ridley Scott[nb]to answer a few Qs, yep - a Corrie/Bladerunner crossover[/nb]. Newt's party trick is playing fetch with crisp packets folded into triangles, something he will do for fucking ages until you get tired of throwing them for him to chase after & bring back to drop at your feet or into your hand. We have yet to send a video of this to YBF! for our £250.

& this is Gray, our latest rescue cat.

We've had him a little over 2years & he's so-named because he has a very gray belly, like a silverback in reverse. He's also named after my father, Graham, who passed away a few months before we got him. Gray is a HUGE cat &, since we adopted him at 13mths old, he has grown almost 5 times his original size — although the photo doesn't do him very much justice. According to the vet he also has a little bit of maine coon in him. Soft as shite now, but when we first got him he would attack anyone for no reason wse. Mrs Country & I had claw & bite marks on our faces, necks & hands[nb]&, in Mrs C's case, her ankles as he liked to wrap himself around her feet & gnaw away[/nb] for months while he adjusted to the house & the other 2 cats.  Soko despises him & stays well clear at all times — which is a bit of a bind because we initially decided to get a kitten for her to 'mother' & hopefully bring her out of herself a bit. Since entering our house Gray has destroyed the hallway & 3 other walls covered in 1950's vintage wallpaper by scratching the living fuck out of them with his massive claws. He is also known as Bob but I can't remember how that came about.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: small_world on November 06, 2013, 12:41:33 PM
Wow, that's weird.
I was going to title that last image "Bonnie enjoying the most recent Ziggy balding mong".
Wow, how bizarre. I didn't miss post that, did I?

you made me do this

small_world

I don't think the photos showed up from my earlier post. Hope this works.
If not, I'd love to know how the hell dropbox works for sharing photos. They show up for me, but on a different computer or as a user they aren't there.
Anyway... Bonnie.

Quote from: small_world on November 06, 2013, 11:59:52 AM
Hmm...
Ok then, here's my mam and dad's (mam's really) cat 'grooming' my laptop.

And my hand...

AHHGHHH!! MY HAND!!!

Here I am 'grooming' her.

This is Bonnie. She's a little bit mental.

Ok, god this isn't working... How the hell did I get that last link? Ahgghh....

mook

^ working perfectly for me. i can't see a single cat.

madhair60

Quote from: small_world on November 06, 2013, 07:49:07 PM
I don't think the photos showed up from my earlier post. Hope this works.
If not, I'd love to know how the hell dropbox works for sharing photos. They show up for me, but on a different computer or as a user they aren't there.

small_world

Thanks madhair.
I'm on my old PC with windows XP, I've just searched for my dropbox files, but there's just the install data there. I'll do the same from my laptop later, which has Windows 7. Just seems odd it isn't a lot more simple to link from the site.

madhair60

Do you have Dropbox installed and running on your computer?  In your user folder (which is usually your name), you should find a folder named "Dropbox", and inside it, a folder named "Public".  Anything put into the Public folder can be right-clicked when Dropbox is running, and "copy public link", which puts the image link onto your clipboard.

werfvgbhnj

I think that newer Dropbox account holders have to manually enable that feature.

madhair60

small_world

BRILLIANT!!!

This should work now.. Here's Bonnie, 'grooming' my laptop!

Here she is 'grooming' my hand...

Aghhhh! My HAND!!!

Time for me to 'groom' bonnie... (I swear to god she loves this. She was quite happy and nuzzled me when I stopped. Also, she's crazy enough to make me aware if she didn't enjoy it)

And then, content watching me wank read CaB...

Ha, that is a very "What you are doing..... I see it" type of pose.

Guy