Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:40:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Any alternatives to TheBox.bz?

Started by Leo2112, November 05, 2013, 02:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo2112

I only caught on with TheBox just as it was about to close.  Have any similar sites/mirrors appeared since which have such a wealth of tv?

DukeDeMondo

<wanker>Someone told me about one. Google, I think his name was. Or her.

I think that's what they were talking about, anyway. It was absolute chaos round here at the time.</wanker>

MonkeyDrummer

Is chaos really the alternative? I got in there when the box closed, but it's not a patch on the box. The site is dreadful for a start.

There was talk around the time of another site automatically transferring accounts to high seeding members, but can't remember what it was called.

The box closing has turned out to be the worst thing that has happened to my internet.

DukeDeMondo

Chaos is the best I (not me) have been able to find, anyway. It's not as good as The Box yet, certainly, but it is getting there. The design is a pain in the eyeballs a load of the time, right enough, but I (or someone like me, probably not me at all) have been able to find a bunch of stuff there that wouldn't appear on the other, bigger sites. And also a really shitty encode of Countess Dracula. Someone other than me couldn't understand how a file near a gigabyte in size could look like something I captured with my pubes.[nb]I did capture it with my pubes after. Countess Dracula is a fuckin sexy film.[/nb] In fact that seems to be the biggest problem with the site. The folk uploading the stuff half-time don't seem to know what the hell they're doing.

DukeDeMondo

I actually feel a bit bad about bein an arse up there ^^ even though I were only bein a pretend arse. Our man seems to be new. Karma him to oblivion. After he lifts his shirt.

Utter Shit

Quote from: MonkeyDrummer on November 05, 2013, 11:10:31 AM

There was talk around the time of another site automatically transferring accounts to high seeding members, but can't remember what it was called.

Yeah it's called ZXCV, it's only available to invited members though and doesn't seem to have an application/registration option. If it makes people feel any better, it's nowhere near as good as The Box was, quite a few new shows I've looked to download haven't been on there, which almost never happened with The Box.

Famous Mortimer

I thought it would have been nice for TheBox to just allow people to download as much they wanted as, as far as anyone knew, they were closing down forever, but no. So you had the situation of people being in ratio watch and unable to get anything when the site was closing down forever in a few days.

I got banned for using weekender's account, and banned from ZXCV too. Ah well. All it takes is a few guys a bit more pissed off than me about the whole situation and whatever legal problems TheBox had will be back.

Utter Shit

That would be pretty snide of you, sort of like calling the police to complain about the noise at a party you were kicked out of. Obviously there is an element of self-interest in me saying that though.

I was supposedly transferred over to ZXCV, but my account for that site never worked.

Here is the previous thread from when it went down: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=37845.0