Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:15:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"12 Monkeys" coming to the telly

Started by Famous Mortimer, November 06, 2013, 03:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Well, maybe (it's listed as "cast contingent").

http://www.avclub.com/articles/syfy-finds-a-bruce-willisalike-still-looking-for-a,105149/

From a 20-odd minute French film composed entirely of still images, to an ongoing series on the channel responsible for most of the bad films produced in the last five years. I love "12 Monkeys" a lot, my favourite Gilliam film by miles, and given how little I've liked recent TV attempts to expand narratives with definite endings into ongoing TV series (Under The Dome, for one), I'm not exactly filled with hope for this.

But, optimistic we must go into the future. What do you reckon they could do to make it a full series?

SetToStun

Just show the film once a week. It's completely circular, so you'd get away with it for months before anyone notices.

Alberon

Terry Gilliam isn't exactly positive about it either.

Quote"I know nothing about that," Gilliam told Screen International. "That's just ridiculous. It doesn't have anything to do with me and no-one has contacted me."

Terra Nova writers Terry Matalas and Travis Fickett are adapting 12 Monkeys for cable television.

"It's a very dumb idea," Gilliam continued. "If it was going to be any good, it would have to be written by David and Janet Peoples, who wrote the film."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a511727/12-monkeys-tv-series-dumb-and-ridiculous-says-terry-gilliam.html

Terra Nova? Oh dear.

Famous Mortimer

David Peoples' last script was, apparently, the rotten Kurt Russell film "Soldier" 15 years ago, so I'm not sure he's bothered about writing any more.