Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:35:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bleak Facebook Statuses

Started by Noodle Lizard, November 06, 2013, 09:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

A friend posted this today:

I just saw Vin Diesel!!! From now on I don't mind if i die :)

That, to me, is one of the most strangely depressing things I've read.  I think it's a combination of the odd wording ("I don't mind if I die" rather than "I can die happy!") and Vin Diesel.  There's just a fucking void where any hope or happiness is meant to be in that sentiment.

Are any of your friends more depressed than they realise?  Let me know.

Tiny Poster

I think that was another one of those "joke" things.

McFlymo

I like all these Facebook bashing threads. Helping me remember why I felt so smug when I left, and allowing me to remain smug and post on this forum about it, like a triple smug mega cunt!

Olarrio

QuoteJust received my first christmas card.

Small Man Big Horse

QuoteI've come to the conclusion that I very much prefer my kittens to my children.

She's not kidding either. But then she is a fucking terrible parent.

thenoise

'Having a shit day'

- my ex girlfriend.  The bleak part was me punching the air upon reading it.  Get over her you stupid cunt.

Vodka Margarine

Exes.

They're what the 'Block' button was invented for.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

'Getting wolf whistled by builders omg its really picked me up!'

'Omg x male movie star is so fit!!!1'

It's largely because I don't have that level of moron male friend on facebook bit it seems like some of women I know do the pathetic objectifying these days that the men are supposed to be notorious for.

Especially films, I honestly can't remember the last time a guy recommended going to see a film because a hot actress was in it.

thenoise

That's a very generous interpretation.

Birdie

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 06, 2013, 11:23:43 PM
'Getting wolf whistled by builders omg its really picked me up!'

'Omg x male movie star is so fit!!!1'

It's largely because I don't have that level of moron male friend on facebook bit it seems like some of women I know do the pathetic objectifying these days that the men are supposed to be notorious for.

Especially films, I honestly can't remember the last time a guy recommended going to see a film because a hot actress was in it.

Maybe it's the OMG and the !!!!

I have a friend who always puts ???? whenever he asks me a question in an email.   It must mean something but I don't know what. I'm going to try to popularise ;;;;;

I don't have much time for those whiney 'mysterious' status updates designed to elicit a 'what's up, hun?'.  I tend to click 'like' for those.

Oh and when a friend posted a picture of her boyfriend of 4 months, I felt a bit sick with people commenting with variations of 'Congratulations, babe!' like she'd won a bleeding' raffle.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Whether anyone is happy or sad you can't stand it. That's what I'd expect from a true blue CaBer.

Glebe

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 07, 2013, 07:13:43 AM
Whether anyone is happy you can't stand it. That's what I'd expect from a true blue CaBer.

Indeed.

Birdie

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 07, 2013, 07:13:43 AM
Whether anyone is happy or sad you can't stand it. That's what I'd expect from a true blue CaBer.

What's I'm the middle?Is it apathy? 

derek stitt

"If you have someone in heaven that you miss everyday like this post".These post are normally accompanied with a picture of a candle or a rose or some such shite. This post will then be followed by another post about signing a petition for public executions for fly tipping.

A very base insight into the human condition and no mistake. I blame the voices in my head.

Hank_Kingsley

QuoteTwo years since Julie passed away unexpected in the night and I was unable to say goodbye. My only consolation is that at the end of every day I am that little bit closer to seeing her again.

Daft old cunt, he means Diane. Julie is his daughter and she moved away to Tenerife to live with a property developer he never approved enough. He doesn't see the grandkids any more you know?

Wet Blanket

"RIP Mum"

Pretty much ruined Facebook for me, that one.

Famous Mortimer

"Off to a CaB meet, can't wait to meet Famous Mortimer!!!"

Brunette Romana 2

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 06, 2013, 10:19:58 PM
She's not kidding either. But then she is a fucking terrible parent.

Ha ha! That pretty much made my morning!!

My big half brother (not Kane) posts some of the most horrible reactionary shit ever. Eg: "I'm English, not British, not European. Repost this if you're English and proud..... Yawn.....  And Muslims banning Christmas is another recent ridiculousness. Needless to say, I am ashamed to be related to him....

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 07, 2013, 08:31:04 AM
"Off to a CaB meet, can't wait to meet Famous Mortimer!!!"

"What a disappointment tonight was. I'm sticking to Wetherspoons and whippets from now on"

Glebe

Why does everyone have amusing cats on Facebook YouTube delete where applicable?

Birdie

^Because everyone LOVES FUCKING LOVES CATS.

Sheesh.

Hank_Kingsley

Quote31 Day Blog Challenge, Day 22: Best thing this year
I'm going to say camp.

It was a new experience, and hanging out with a mainly young group was almost like being 21 again. Also, it was great that the group were mainly Christians who I was able to share my faith with.

I remember arriving on the first day, and getting a free afternoon to play Frisbee. It only took one of the guys to strip off for me to join in (I get self-conscious if I'm the only one), and the game ended up with three of us guys running around the lawn after this Frisbee in just our shorts. We didn't get much chance to do that on the camp as we had to keep our clothes on in front of campers.

There was so much other stuff to get excited about; I was sharing with four students, who were good company (only when they discussed girls about ten years younger than me who I didn't know did it feel awkward); there were some enjoyable early morning swimming trips, but there was also the satisfaction of knowing we were helping others and the fact that we got to learn about the Bible.

I'd love to do it again!

Not a status update as such, but real. All too real.

Noodle Lizard

QuoteI'm at ArcLight Hollywood for a Thor marathon.

=(

chand

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 06, 2013, 11:23:43 PMEspecially films, I honestly can't remember the last time a guy recommended going to see a film because a hot actress was in it.

Possibly because pretty much all films have a hot actress in them, often for no real reason.

Tiny Poster

To the point where Lena Dunham's nude scenes cause a stir because she doesn't look like a typical "hot" female actor.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: chand on November 07, 2013, 10:13:45 AM
Possibly because pretty much all films have a hot actress in them, often for no real reason.

Likewise with men. Most mainstream movies have desirable chunks of meat in.

That's not what we're discussing.

Seems weird to me how such a large tranche of feminism is to do with fighting the objectification of women and the warping of the 'acceptable' body image by culture and the media due to the pressure it places on girls and adolsecents but omg Chris Hemsworth In An Film. If that's people you want it, fine, I'm not too bothered, (although clearly it is pathetically shallow in terms of film viewing) just don't try to hold both stances.

WesterlyWinds

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 07, 2013, 10:23:13 AMSeems weird to me how such a large tranche of feminism is to do with fighting the objectification of women and the warping of the 'acceptable' body image by culture and the media due to the pressure it places on girls and adolsecents but omg Chris Hemsworth In An Film. If that's people you want it, fine, I'm not too bothered, (although clearly it is pathetically shallow in terms of film viewing) just don't try to hold both stances.

I think you'd find that if you tried to discuss this issue with a 'feminist' they'd most likely agree with you and be open to an interesting discussion about it. The ones I knew[nb]They're all dead now.[nb]I killed them for objectifying men.[/nb][/nb] would, anyway.

chand

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 07, 2013, 10:23:13 AM
Likewise with men. Most mainstream movies have desirable chunks of meat in.

Generally I would say that women tend to be more picky though, in that the women I know seem to pretty much be assigned one actor they fancy, be it Ryan Gosling or Idris Elba or Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Tom Hardy or Benedict Cumberbatch etc etc. So they get pretty excited when their one dude is in a film.

Viero_Berlotti

If my daughter ever posts anything like this when she is old enough to have a Facebook account, I will instantly disown her.