Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:56:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Courtney Love - America's Sweetheart.....

Started by TraceyQ, February 11, 2004, 12:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TraceyQ

.....Is actually quite good.

Am I allowed to like her yet or is the backlash still going on?

mr rou-rou

Here you go

my old pals, click on album to listen to entire album in flash format

New Courtney Love album to listen to in flash format, won't be here forever

and Bland Fuzziband is on there as well, lucky you :)

Almost Yearly

There was a really good talking heads -driven show the other year on the subject of Women In Rock. I can't find owt on t'net about it - it wasn't VH-1's top 100 anyway. Such diverse heads as Tori, Polly, Debbie, Justine, Chrissie, Skin, whoever, all took part. The two things they all agreed on were that (i) Geri Halliwell should die, and (ii) Courtney Love is sound.

imitationleather

She's still alive, is she? Ah well...

What does everyone think of that Courtney Love tribute act, The Distillers?

TraceyQ

Quote from: "imitationleather"She's still alive, is she? Ah well...

What does everyone think of that Courtney Love tribute act, The Distillers?

<grins> you read my mind. She should put some lipstick on and do something with her hair, that singer woman wots in them. Just because you're a rock chick, doesnt mean you shouldnt make an effort.

imitationleather

I'm not a rock chick! But yeah, I probably should put more of an effort into my appearance...

Anyway, I read some thing about her being 'the most hated woman in rock'. It mentioned loads of bands that were popular over here when there was no British music being made. I've forgotten all their names now... It was a very boring artice.

American rock is like so 1998-2003.

mr rou-rou

Brody looks nothing like Courtney

there's Courtney Love

and here's Brody from the Distillers

I like her, she's got energy and listening to her is like having a sandpaper eel wiggle around in your head, abrasive.

I fancy both of those skanks

It's not brilliant quality but you can watch the video for young crazed and peeling here

It's cheeky but I like this cut out so I've stolen the image and removed the text and centred it here , top big hair

El Unicornio, mang

When she played here a few years ago she spotted a guy in the crowd who was wearing a Pearl Jam t-shirt and so she jumped in and beat the shit out of him. Not sure I approve of that.
Having said that, as someone once said to me when I said I thought she was a cow, "there's plenty of guy rockers out there who act a lot worse than her, and they get hailed as heroes". Which is true.
I'm not sure that film about her killing Kurt was particularly fair, either.

fanny splendid

She's only hated because of her involvement with some whinging, angst hamster.

imitationleather

Y'no, mr rou-rou, at first I wasn't sure if you'd just put up two pictures of Brody or two of Courtney. I also couldn't tell if you'd labelled each picture correctly or if you'd swapped their names over. I had to look for the source url to find out!

Christ, they're like mirror-images of eachother.

El Unicornio, mang

I'm assuming you're joking. They look nowt like each other!

mr rou-rou

TraceyQ

My mother would'nt let me leave the house with so much red lipgloss on.
They both look fookin' top, though, don't they?  Wish I could carry it off <pouts into mirror>.

dan dirty ape

She didn't get enough props for Celebrity Skin. Underrated lyricist too.

fbb bastard

which is the one thats co-written with bernie taupin?

shes a sucker for 70's coke rock isnt she....still okay though..neither for or against the women...does some good stuff and got some balls....thats all you need really

She needs to go and crawl into a cave somewhere and die, the attention seeking whore.

dan dirty ape

Quote from: "fbb bastard"which is the one thats co-written with bernie taupin?

'Uncool'. That one's shit though.

TraceyQ

Anymore for anymore? I'll be playing " But Julian I'm a little older than you" on the show this week, it's fookin' top!