Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm going to open a record shop

Started by lazyhour, November 18, 2013, 12:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serge

Quote from: lazyhour on July 06, 2015, 10:58:42 AMTo my surprise, prog doesn't sell quite as well as I thought it would.

You wait until I get down there.

lazyhour

Yay!

btw, I just noticed this comment on the Stretford Mall record shop story:

QuoteWish you all the best Nigel, but if you're selling new vinyl the cost is more than double of a CD, that may be a downfall. Turntables not to bad to buy but of course you need an an amplifier to connect to.
Second hand vinyl - where you gonna source it from - who will buy it - they're either dead or dying. Some available in charity shops but mostly uninteresting records in poor condition.
But will give you a visit - never know what may be found!

Yep, cheers mate.

23 Daves

Quote from: lazyhour on July 06, 2015, 10:31:07 PM
Yay!

btw, I just noticed this comment on the Stretford Mall record shop story:

Yep, cheers mate.

He's like that bloke who came up to me when I was Dj'ing once and started pointing and laughing because I was DJ'ing with vinyl.

"Ha ha ha! I've never seen the like! You're DJ'ing with vinyl!"
"Yeah."
"What's that about then? Everybody's chucked theirs out, haven't they? I chucked mine out years ago!"
"Oh, well, a lot of us have carried on."
"Ha ha  ha ha ha! Where do you get them all from?"

I had to explain to him, and he just looked confused, took a sip of his pint thoughtfully, then walked away with a very confused expression on his face.

Or that moody, beardy bloke I bought an amp from in Richer Sounds near Liverpool Street some years ago, who said "Well, of course, NOBODY listens to vinyl anymore, so you WILL need a pre-amp for it yes, OBVIOUSLY" when I asked him.

Thank God there are all these experts out there to put us mere mortals straight.

thraxx

Quote from: 23 Daves on July 06, 2015, 10:39:17 PM
He's like that bloke who came up to me when I was Dj'ing once and started pointing and laughing because I was DJ'ing with vinyl.

"Ha ha ha! I've never seen the like! You're DJ'ing with vinyl!"
"Yeah."
"What's that about then? Everybody's chucked theirs out, haven't they? I chucked mine out years ago!"
"Oh, well, a lot of us have carried on."
"Ha ha  ha ha ha! Where do you get them all from?"

I had to explain to him, and he just looked confused, took a sip of his pint thoughtfully, then walked away with a very confused expression on his face.

Or that moody, beardy bloke I bought an amp from in Richer Sounds near Liverpool Street some years ago, who said "Well, of course, NOBODY listens to vinyl anymore, so you WILL need a pre-amp for it yes, OBVIOUSLY" when I asked him.

Thank God there are all these experts out there to put us mere mortals straight.

Did he also say "your mixing's lousy, mate!".  If so, I think I know this person.