Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:45:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The little things that make you unhappy

Started by Manford Thirty-Sixborough, February 11, 2004, 02:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butnut

Oh, but wasn't Frinky the one who started off the whole 'scared to pee' thing?

Frinky

Quote from: "butnut"Oh, but wasn't Frinky the one who started off the whole 'scared to pee' thing?

Yes.

I'm an inadequate mess.

butnut

Quote from: "Frinky"Yes.

It's good to see that you're dealing with the problem and being open with it. The next stage in your therapy will involve hanging around men's toilets and becoming used to the sounds of other people's wee. Then we can try you at the urinal while other men just hang around. And soon, you'll be urinating and joking and whatever else you might want to be doing, with all the boys.

peet

These two Greek blokes where I work.

I'm in my second week of night shifts for a document scanning company (i've just spent 7 cocking hours taking staples out of bits of paper). This by itself is bad enough, but I'm also lucky enough to work with two individuals of such concentrated greekness that it seems to overpower everything else in the office. They're both pleasant enough guys I suppose, but they spend most of the shift having stupidly loud quick-fire conversations in Greek (I normally wouldn't mind, but one of them has a vocal timbre and intonation of a precisely equal mixture of 'Lunk' from The Goonies and the daddy penguin in Pingu) and flicking rubber bands at each other's heads around the corners of their monitors,  whilst roaring:
AH! AHA! <ping> JABBERJABBERJABBERBLABLA MALAGA! (Which I believe is a humourous manly insult in hellenic circles)

GREEKS IN THE WORKPLACE: DOWN WITH THAT SORT OF THING.

mwude

This really, really fucks me off: things that need 'turning on' before they work.  e.g. for example i.e. when you have to use the 'on/off' button on the remote to get the tv working.  I want to be able to just press the '2' button and it automatically turns bbc 2 on, not 'on' then '2'.  Ditto cd players that don't start playing when you press play, you have to get them out of standby mode first.  Christ, it really pisses me off a lot.