Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:04:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

young ones

Started by 2pintz, August 09, 2004, 04:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2pintz

I thinking of buying the young ones dvds. i know there are no extras or whatever on it, which is one of the reasons why im not sure. thing is, are they the original 35 minute edits, or the tv edits. if so, does anyone know where you can find/get the original edits?

2pintz

TotalNightmare

if you can, get the region one Young Ones DVD as there are things resembling extras on that particular box set.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "TotalNightmare"if you can, get the region one Young Ones DVD as there are things resembling extras on that particular box set.

They're also quite nicely packaged and reasonably priced compared to the UK DVDs. But the extras were a huge disappointment - altogether they're not much more than fifteen minutes of talking heads, pasted from, presumably, 'I Love 1982'. Still, better than NOWT.

Consignia

Apart from the rubbish documentarys, the Region 1 DVD does boast a full Rik poem live, and the first episode of both Flithy, Rich, and  Catflap, and Bottom. All of which is quite entertaining, especially if you not thinking buying either series too soon.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "Consignia"Apart from the rubbish documentarys, the Region 1 DVD does boast a full Rik poem live, and the first episode of both Flithy, Rich, and  Catflap, and Bottom. All of which is quite entertaining, especially if you not thinking buying either series too soon.

Oh aye, I'd forgotten about them. Probably because I've got 'em anyway. Still, an effort was made.

Darrell

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"pasted from, presumably, 'I Love 1982'.

'A History of Alternative Comedy'.

Santa's Boyfriend

Yes, but are the UK versions the later edits, or the original uncut 35 minute episodes?

Darrell

Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"Yes, but are the UK versions the later edits, or the original uncut 35 minute episodes?

They're the 35 minutes with a couple of music cuts in series 2.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Some music cuts/overdubs in Series 1 too - Good Day Sunshine, Travelling Light, Working in a Coal Mine.

But yes, they're the full-length versions otherwise.