Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cartoons

Started by Rats, August 09, 2004, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chriddof

A couple of crap ones from me:

lazyhour

Very nice!  Reminds me of J. Otto Seibold, in a good way.

lazyhour

^ Hello lazyhour of over a month ago!  How are you?

I translated a two-page comic by Japanese artist Mimiyo Tomozawa (she of Jim O'Rourke album sleeve fame) for the blog I contribute to.  But, as almost no-one reads the blog, and as I wanted to share it with youse guys, here it is (clicky on links under picture):

PAGE ONE  ~  PAGE TWO

Context etc.

Sivead

Flipping love it

lazyhour

I really enjoyed that.  Nice one, Chriddof!

slim

Chriddof

Here's another strip with a redesigned version of the same character... I'm not too sure about it really, but I thought I might as well post it. I did the art in a different program than the last one, by the way.

Go With The Flow

That's rather funny. Just on the right side of "LOL RANDOM!!11" Well done sir!

SOTS

I thought i'd upload a few wee cartoons I did a few weeks ago.

Starting with this one:

Go easy on me. These are the first cartoons i've done since I was 11, five years ago.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Go With The Flow

http://www.calmdownkidder.com/?page_id=5

I managed to find a load of old comics I did a whie ago (I think I posted some of them here) and I managed to find all the JPEGS again. Tell me what you think! I was thinking of drawing some of them again, and posting them up. I have a (slightly better) drawing style now, and I am currently in a comic drought.

Original "Lend's A Hand, Mate"
Digitally Remastered "Lend's A Hand, Mate"

SOTS

Another one from me.

Chriddof

Some characters I drew last night, which I may use for a future comic:

This was drawn in pencil on paper and then "inked" in Photoshop by fiddling with the contrast levels. It was also coloured using Photoshop.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Do they have names?

Chriddof

Not at the moment, no. I'm trying to think up some.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Some old cartoons. I really like the 1st one but they're no Everett True.

Purple Tentacle

That's interesting, the last one, it looks like the 'screen' of the television is a mirror, a reflection of a projection that's lying flat, just like an arcade cabinet.

Did old tellies ever do that, or am I reading far too much into that picture?

It also appears to be in 16:9, but I guess that's just artistic license.

imitationleather

I think she's shrooming off her skull and seeing images in the cooker.

hencole

Looks more like 14:8 to me.

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"That's interesting, the last one, it looks like the 'screen' of the television is a mirror, a reflection of a projection that's lying flat, just like an arcade cabinet.

Yes, old tellies did do that. I can't give you a source except to say I've seen old tellies that do that, I think in books and museums.

Purple Tentacle

heh, you tease, now I'm all interested!

Does that mean the picture was inverted upon viewing?

Des Nilsen

I had a read of the 'polish a turd' thread and out of my own terrible need to draw an actual peanut with a moustache, this image came about. Irrelevent and childish, but I had to.

Peanut with fun appendage [2006]. Googled photo and MS Paint.

-