Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:20:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A big-studio "indie" movie inspired by iPhones with a Ukelele plot device...

Started by KLG-7DD, December 12, 2013, 12:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLG-7DD

...but it looks alright, from the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzV6mXIOVl4

Has anybody seen it? Any good? Wife has seen the trailer and is interested in checking it out.

Gavin M

It's not out yet, it's released in the US on December 18th but is picking up quite a bit of early acclaim.  I agree with you that it looks all right, you certainly can't argue against that cast (2/3rds of The Master reunited, plus Chris Pratt is in it too).

I was wondering where I'd heard the music at the start of it, Aphex Twin of all people.  Sheet music downloaded, gonna give it a bash on the piano.

KLG-7DD

It says November in the video desc., I guess that's wrong now.

Yeah, Aphex is instant trailer cred I suppose.

vrailaine

Definitely my most anticipated film right now, was a bit skeptical about Jonze after Where the Wild Things Are so Phoenix was all it had drawing me in. Phoenix+Jonze+lotsa acclaim is super enticing.

Chris Pratt has been gradually climbing up the ladder for a while, it's a shame that his big role is gonna be a Marvel thing, won't be able to enjoy him pulling it off if he does.

Gavin M

I see that this has got a Golden Globe nomination for Best Picture (as has Phoenix for Best Actor), but in the comedy section.  Now I know the trailer can misrepresent the content, but I can't see anything from either that or the press coverage that suggests it is in any way a comedy.

stunted

Quote from: Gavin M on December 12, 2013, 12:42:22 AM
I was wondering where I'd heard the music at the start of it, Aphex Twin of all people.  Sheet music downloaded, gonna give it a bash on the piano.
That song will sound sound familiar to most people on this board as it featured in Four Lions.

Gavin M

ELO did it in three minutes in 1981 ("Yours Truly, 2095"), the film will have to be amazing to top that.