Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:35:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The continued embarrassing decline of Robert De Niro.

Started by kitsofan34, December 17, 2013, 02:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kngen

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on September 30, 2019, 04:19:09 AM
I'm also looking forward to The Irishman, but this is an ironic jab considering the upcoming Safdie Bros. movie that Sandler stars in has a decent chance of being a better NYC-centric crime drama

I was thinking more of his straight-to-Netflix output. Uncut Gems (which does look like it could be pretty good, I'll concede) is going to cinemas first (in the US, at least), so that wasn't really what I was referring to.

Quote from: kngen on September 30, 2019, 05:24:47 PM

I was thinking more of his straight-to-Netflix output. Uncut Gems (which does look like it could be pretty good, I'll concede) is going to cinemas first (in the US, at least), so that wasn't really what I was referring to.

Yeah I know what you meant (and I forgive you), just remarking on the irony that Sandler is starring in his first serious role in 17 years and in a NYC mob movie no less.

lipsink

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on September 30, 2019, 07:23:03 PM
Yeah I know what you meant (and I forgive you), just remarking on the irony that Sandler is starring in his first serious role in 17 years and in a NYC mob movie no less.

He was in the Meyerowitz Stories in 2017 which was a more serious role. And was great. I think that was straight to Netflix too as it goes.

It's weird that I hate 99% of Sandler films yet he's possibly one of my favourite actors based purely on Punch Drunk Love and his 2 other serious roles.

chveik

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on September 30, 2019, 07:23:03 PM

you're wrong, Reign Over Me came out in 2007

and Funny People surely counts as a 'serious role' because he plays a depressed and dying person who treats everyone around him in a purely transactional manner

lipsink

Yep he was great in Funny People too. When he wants to he can be fantastic. What's that about?