Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:33:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

iPod Touch hmm?

Started by Beagle 2, December 22, 2013, 10:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Hello slimy furtlers. Quick question - I still haven't sorted out my xmas shopping and my other half has heavily hinted that she'd like an iPod touch. Now, I had a 2nd gen iPod touch that became useless because no apps worked on it. If I get her a 4th gen one (I am skint), is it likely to be of use for a few years? She mainly wants it for podcasts and tunes, but without having to tit about with a computer, but it would be nice for it not to be completely obsolete otherwise.

Alternatively, is there a more sensible, cheaper device anybody can recommend (that I can buy in London tomorrow!)? There doesn't really seem to be an android device that does the same thing.

Cheers m'dears.

Consignia

I don't really use mine for apps, but I've found my 3rd generation one functional as a music player and podcast listener for years. I never bother to update it or iTunes, but it all seems to work fine. You could probably get a much cheaper music device that does everything you need, but the touch is fine if you decide on it.

Queneau

In my experience anyone that owns an Apple product is asking for trouble and just a great big cunt, really.

Beagle 2

Aye, if there was an equivalent solid android product I'd get that for sure, but I can see that the market's not really there with everyone's phones being so sexy. Her phone is not sexy. It is a frumpy phone.

biggytitbo

The iPod touch 5th gen is an incredibly sexy device, get one of those. It's like what the iPhone should be in  a few years time (minus the phone part).

Queneau

Quote from: Beagle 2 on December 22, 2013, 10:58:42 PM
Aye, if there was an equivalent solid android product I'd get that for sure, but I can see that the market's not really there with everyone's phones being so sexy. Her phone is not sexy. It is a frumpy phone.

And I for one have an iPod something or other I use sometimes. The first I got by ordering my brother one as a present when he went travelling the world. I emailed Amazon, or the company it was from after the required days it was, to say it hadn't turned up and got a replacement sent. That's the one I kept. The other is a 30GB jobby that I bought for 5p from someone I was taking advantage of. Blammers.