Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:26:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Bridge/Broen/Bron 2 (the 'Saga' continues)

Started by Jim_MacLaine, December 23, 2013, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

im barry bethel

studpuppet

Quote from: im barry bethel on June 06, 2018, 10:38:14 PM
They remind me of the Denton twins

The disdain on the face of the one on the right...

jobotic

Episode 5 (or was it 6?) was a right laugh.

Neomod

This is so far probably the worst of the four series. 2 is my favourite I think. It would have been 1 but I thought the Jens ending was a disappointment.

im barry bethel

Becoming a bit of a chore to watch this now, the 1 episode format doesn't help

jobotic

Just watched episode 6. What a cliffhanger but not sure I care. Agree that the one episode a week doesn't really work. All the inconsistencies and plot holes don't matter so much when you're being whisked along through it but they do now. As well as remembering who everyone is and why I should be bothered. Saga deserves to go out better than this, man.

im barry bethel

Hurry up and finish

it's gonna be the wheelchair guy isn't it, avenging his dad (possibly with help from his gran Henrik's surviving daughter to be the last victim, as soon as Brian/Kevin turned up at Henrik's house out of the blue and found out about the daughter I remarked to my nurse "he's just signed her death warrant

Neomod

Episode 7 was more like it. Finale this week and that's your lot.

Didn't they say that Brian/Kevin's injury is real?

Hat FM

i kind of don't want to watch the last episode. can't see it ending very well for any of our heroes.

jobotic

Ugh. This is bloody nonsense but I found episode 7 almost impossible to watch. The tension! I was really welling up in every scene with Henrik and Astrid. Imagine that situation.

I agree about not wanting to watch the last episode, although I know that after a couple of days I'll be thinking "well that was bloody stupid" and forget about it.

Neomod

im barry bethel

Slightly stronger finish than the first few episodes gave the impression of but still by far the weakest of the 4 series.

Alberon

We backed up the episodes and then breezed through the lot in the week before the final episode.

More than a little nonsense to be honest, though I did like the fact that the mad old battleaxe in charge of the village was a total red herring.

The problem with crime dramas I suppose is that there is always so many of them. After a while you find yourself playing 'which cliche is this one' with most characters and scenes.

im barry bethel

What I wanna know is where have I seen the cheating ex-wife/new mum before?

jobotic

The last episode was really good. Kind of obvious but the sense of dread was definitely there. I know I sound like one of those Guardian BTL people but I'll miss Saga. Dirty Saga. You know, because of her badge throwing. I hope that actor turns up in something else we can watch here.

Moribunderast

Didn't want to comment on this thread 'til you lot were done watching it, as I watched the season a couple months ago. I thought the crime aspect was the weakest the series has ever been, failing to engage initially and becoming outright stupid at points. When they introduced a new character out of the blue and then had to do a flashback sequence to explain who he is and why he is integral to the plot, I was just laughing. Terrible writing. "It's all about Tommy!" Fucking WHO?

That being said, I still loved all the character beats with Saga and Henrik and found the plots of the homeless girls and the small village to be at least interesting while waiting to see how they fit into the wider arc. Thought the ending regarding all those things was very good and still got a little teary hearing that fantastic opening/closing credits song for the final time. I'll miss watching Saga inappropriately question people about their sex lives while seeming both judgmental and nonplussed.

BlodwynPig

It is a great theme tune (not written for Broen, but a track taken from a Swedish band's album - can't remember their name), but not a patch on Bik's soundtracking of Forbyldesen. I've just started watch the US version of it (The Killing) and it was nice that they maintained some of Bik's work (not the theme, sadly, but the excellent and tear-jerky piece that seems to accompany the parents).

Neomod

Are any of the english language versions of scandi noir any good? The Tunnel for instance. I see there are 3 series of that so are they taking the same story lines of the original?

jobotic

It'd be a great theme tune if it didn't have that unbearably precious singing. Ugh.

Feel all teary thinking about the last episode. FFS.

I've enevr seen the fisrt season. Seems a bit pointless now? The crime story element of all of them was ridiculous though.

Spoon of Ploff

Tis 'Hollow Talk' by Choir of Young Believers.

I hope Saga goes on a tour of Europe solving bridge related crimes. Fingers crossed for an 8 part episode set in Maidstone. Better still Sheppey because you can still have lingering shots of a bridge.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on July 07, 2018, 06:10:22 PM

That's it, sadly the rest of their songs are shit.

jobotic

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on July 07, 2018, 06:10:22 PM

I hope Saga goes on a tour of Europe solving bridge related crimes. Fingers crossed for an 8 part episode set in Maidstone. Better still Sheppey because you can still have lingering shots of a bridge.

Was anyone ever found responsible for the slow motion pile up on the Sheppey Bridge? First case.

With a spin-off set in the Medway Tunnel. Bring it on.