Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:56:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Bridge/Broen/Bron 2 (the 'Saga' continues)

Started by Jim_MacLaine, December 23, 2013, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hat FM

really looking forward to this. shame it sounds like martin isnt coming back though that might be a bit tokenistic.

jobotic

Can't fucking wait to see Saga again.

The plot is obviously going to be gripping but ultimately absolute fucking nonsense, again.

BlodwynPig

Don't want to spoiler, but it's shit/corking, Martin returns in unusual form/ martin doesn't return

im barry bethel

Shifting it to BBC2 feels like a harbinger of a series too many

mothman

It's a bit odd. Are they thinking of shitcanning BBC4 to make BBC2 relevant again? To free up a channel for Alba +1 or something.

im barry bethel

Neomod

Quote from: im barry bethel on April 28, 2018, 10:41:11 PM
Friday 11th May, fucking Friday's on BBC2

Odd but I always (get) iPlayer it so it doesn't make much difference to me.

BlodwynPig

As I'm ahead of the curve, there will be a prize for the poster who solves the mystery first.

Lost Oliver

mothman

Quote from: Lost Oliver on April 29, 2018, 10:50:52 AM
It was his kids who killed the mum.

Ooooohhhh. Like it.

It'll be interesting to see how they resolve this mystery. Because, while it's shown that he's spent a lot of time trying to solve his family's disappearance (when he's not pretending they're still alive and his imaginary dead wife isn't telling him to go shag other women and carrying out post-match post-mortems of the experience after), we don't know a lot of details. So who done it? Why kill the wife but abduct the children (hopefully to give them a much happier life)? The obvious answer is it's some acquaintance or family member or some former/current secret partner of his wife who's murdered her and taken them, maybe because they hate him or think he was a bad father or think they can give the children that happer life that he and his wife ostensibly couldn't. The problem with this solution is it depends on introducing suspects late in the game, which isn't really the done thing in mystery fiction. Scandinoir has had its share of red herrings, and TBH the way they introduced the real killer in the last series was especially hamfisted ("he's a museum curator who hears details of the crimes on TV and realises there's something about these tableaux that the police haven't recognised... AH AH AAHHH, he's the real killer and and he's realised that the PC Plods aren't clever enough to follow his trail of breadcrumbs to his father who he hates!").

BlodwynPig

You'll enjoy the resolution, even though the breadcrumbs are familiar.

mothman

Good good. Are they doing two eps a week like they did when it was on that BBC4?

Hat FM

is it only blodwyn that's seen the new series? had to stop reading what mothman had written as i didnt know if it was new series spoilers.

im barry bethel

Quote from: Neomod on April 28, 2018, 11:41:20 PM
Odd but I always (get) iPlayer it so it doesn't make much difference to me.

Just seems odd to break with the traditional timeslot after 10 odd years

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Hat FM on April 29, 2018, 06:15:41 PM
is it only blodwyn that's seen the new series? had to stop reading what mothman had written as i didnt know if it was new series spoilers.

ignore what he wrote, its complete bollox...OR IS IT?!!!

mothman

Sorry, Hat. I assure you, I'm writing solely from the perspective of series three. I've no knowledge of what happens in s4 except that the cliffhanger from s3 - that Saga's second partner (can't even remember his name) who's spent years traumatised by the disappearance of his wife and children, has learned his wife's long-dead body has been discovered but the children's weren't; initially distraught as he thought that if they were all dead they'd be together, he and Saga decide to work together to locate his kids - has yet to be resolved.

Hat FM

ah okay cool. thanks. I had completely forgotten how the last series ended. too many of these bloody dramas!

surreal

Quick bump as a reminder this starts tonight on BBC2.  I will no doubt be catching it on iPlayer over the weekend

jobotic

Five minutes in and I'm confused. And this is going to be really unpleasant and disturbing isn't it? Ugh.

Neomod

It's a shame they couldn't bring Martin back for at least a guest appearance. Just a mention he's still locked up in chokey.

Quote from: jobotic on May 11, 2018, 10:50:19 PM
Five minutes in and I'm confused. And this is going to be really unpleasant and disturbing isn't it? Ugh.

Yeah, it looks like it's the ladies turn (again) to be on the receiving end of some horrible shit. Ugh indeed.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Neomod on May 12, 2018, 12:49:00 AM
It's a shame they couldn't bring Martin back for at least a guest appearance. Just a mention he's still locked up in chokey.

Yeah, it looks like it's the ladies turn (again) to be on the receiving end of some horrible shit. Ugh indeed.

Oooooh boy!

jobotic

Okay having read a recap of the last season I'm less confused. Not particularly excited about another season of unrelenting misery for Saga though, and I hope that domestic violence cunt doesn't last long.

Technique

Whenever I got to the end of the previous 3 series I was always struck by how several characters who seemed to be important to the ongoing story just disappeared, never to return. They were there, they seemed connected to the killings, but they weren't, and then they were gone.

I admonish myself as not being able to follow anything but the most simple of plots.

Various streaming sites have put up the first few episodes of the new series. And I now know they just make this shit as they go along.  This is proved by the way they resolve saga being in jail for killing her mother, and then is freed. Clearly they thought the whole killing mum thing would be a great storyline to follow when they thought it up. But then on realising that they don't know where to go with it she's out of prison, back in the police and the whole killing mum, serving in jail thing, is forgotten about with undue haste.

I know -  spoiler alert

im barry bethel

Killing bingo so far...

Mikael Birkkjær (husband in Borgen Strange in Killing 2) as Sabroe's new cop partner

Thomas Gabrielsson (kidnaper in Killing 3) as the dead Head of Immigration's husband

Lost Oliver

How can she survive that? If she's dead then fair play for doing it but if it's just for a cheap cliffhanger then that's a tad lame.

im barry bethel

This 1 hour episode per week scheduling is ruining it

Neomod

The triumphant return of Saga (very Bond and his DB5). Hmm. A bit too pat for me.

Red herring #1 - Racist usurped cop

jobotic

This is even more ridiculous than I remember the others being. Utterly implausible things happening and people behaving in a way that no people ever would or could. And the most upsetting murder yet.

I'll still watch to the end though.

Spoiler - so are Henrik's family in that there commune? Is that annoying cosplay one one of his daughters?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on June 06, 2018, 06:53:02 AM
This is even more ridiculous than I remember the others being. Utterly implausible things happening and people behaving in a way that no people ever would or could. And the most upsetting murder yet.

I'll still watch to the end though.

Spoiler - so are Henrik's family in that there commune? Is that annoying cosplay one one of his daughters?

spoiler: wait and see

studpuppet

What I love are the looks his 'ghost' daughters keep giving him - one is as you'd expect with a kind of 'why hast thou forsaken us' look, but the other ones just scowls at him with utter fucking contempt each time. I'd love to know if it's scripted or not!