Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:44:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't eat it. It's mine.

Started by VorpalSword, August 10, 2004, 11:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VorpalSword

Hey. What's up?

So I'm like, totally planning on getting an iRiver soon, and I like heard you could like, load Winamp playlists onto it. I, as an iTunes user, immediately downloaded Winamp and got all my media on there as well, using the files that iTunes had. Uno problemo though. I don't know how to "create playlist from selection" which creates a playlist with an appropriate name as you can easily do in iTunes, and the few playlists I do have aren't in alphabetical order. What the heck is going on? Am I making sense? Can anyone help? Thanks.

mr rou-rou

.m3u or .pls playlist extensions?

Winamp is really easy, just load up the files you want to put in some sort of list, you can sort them with a CTRL + Shift + 3. You can right click on any file names that look a bit wonky and edit their tags, ie rename them

Then hit CTRL + S to save your playlist as a "filename.m3u"

VorpalSword

it's just kinda annoying that i have to name the playlists myself.

i'm being a lazy cunt, aren't i?

monkhouse terror

Yes, you are. Rou-rou's method is how I do it on mine, and if it's good enough for me, it's good enough for you. Which iRiver model are you getting by the way? The iHP-120 which I have is canny good if that's any reassurance, but there's this new model out with a colour screen and everything, why a colour screen is needed on a music playing device I don't know but if you're a gadget freak type then you'll love it.

mr rou-rou

ah I think I misunderstood you,

I used itunes once for a split second and you can rate songs and sort by genre? I know winamp doesn't have rating capabilities, not sure about being able to tell it to say play 'rock' or 'banjo techno' genres.

maybe the iriver comes with a handy util for your PC?

I keep looking at these thinking that has to be a bargain

VorpalSword

Yep MT i am getting that lovely new colour screen one(so i can see lovely piccies and read .txt files). I guess i'll just have to make playlists meself then. Thanks for you help guys!