Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:59:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Topic 4 - Jack Nicholson

Started by Concerned But Powerless, February 02, 2004, 02:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elderford

He attended some of the Manson Family trial with terminal hipster Peter Fonda.

Must've been interesting for all concerned what with Manson's links to the stars regarding drugs'n'loose ladies.

smoker

jack:  doctor, i'm having trouble breathing, my chest is tight and i'm kinda worried.

doctor: okay mr nicholson, just a few questions before we begin the examination

jack: shoot

doctor: do you masturbate mr nicholson?

jack: yeah

doctor: it's brilliant isn't it!

Jack Nicholson: "Doctor, doctor, will I be able to play the violin after the operation?"

Doctor: "Yes, of course..."

Jack Nicholson: "Great! I never could before!"

Regular John

Jack : Abloooobabbbababbababbabwayayat ?
Doctor : You're fine.

fanny splendid

Well I thought there was a similarity...

imitationleather

I liked him in Stella Street, not sure about his other stuff.

El Unicornio, mang

Jack's a great character, always nice to see his grinning, wine-swilling, young lady-ogling face at awards shows, but he's terribly overrated as an actor. He's practically the same in every film.
Incidentally, Nicholson made a large portion of his millions from Batman Returns, despite the fact he had nothing to do with it.
First person who can tell me why gets a prize.

steevbishop

Quote from: "The Unicorn"...First person who can tell me why gets a prize.

Production credit?

(EDIT) OK, a quick look on IMDB's Batman Returns credits tells me it isn't that simple.

El Unicornio, mang

Nope. He had no part in Batman Returns at all

fbb bastard

aye jacks a top lad and no mistake

his..erm....."progressive" attitudes to women have always been explained to him growing up thinking his mum was his sister (see also eric clapton) but i have never been completely sure about that

still an icon is as an icon does....and indeed he made a humongous amount of dosh from the batman franchise hasnt he?....he must go to bed every night thanking the lord that bill murray said no to the joker role

talking of which.......GROUNDHOG DAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

i do believe jacky boy made a deal to get profits on all merchandising from batman as well..is that the answer

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "fbb bastard"i do believe jacky boy made a deal to get profits on all merchandising from batman as well..is that the answer

Yeah, that'll do. He was very much against appearing in Batman, but agreed when they said he'd be given top billing, and also receive a percentage of merchandise rights and also money from the sequel. In total, he ended up with $60 million from this little deal. Nice!

Here's your prize, a signed picture of the man himself:

DonkeyRods

Quote from: "The Unicorn"First person who can tell me why gets a prize.
Nicholson sold them all the ice for Penguin's lair, because Nicholsons scotch-on-the-rocks-with-coke habit led him to invent, patent, and build a giant Ice Generator. He also owns the north pole, and made loads of the next Batman too, for the same reason.

So what's the deal with China Town? Is it any good?  I've never seen it.

smoker

Quote from: "Concerned But Powerless"So what's the deal with China Town? Is it any good?  I've never seen it.

fuck yes, it is superb, quite easily one of the best films i've seen.

Benny J. Fish

I second that. The Two Jakes is fucking gash though

smoker

Quote from: "Benny J. Fish"I second that. The Two Jakes is fucking gash though

really? i keep meaning to rent that just to finish the story

TOCMFIC

He's an overrated twat who inexplicably gets nominated for best actor when the last time he really acted was "One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest". Now he just mugs for the camera and picks up awards for it.

These days he's famous for being famous. If he appeared today without his "legacy" of the past, he'd be ignored.

El Unicornio, mang

Inexplicably, he's been nominated for best actor more times than anyone else. I still like him as a guy though.

Quote from: "TOCMFIC"He's an overrated twat who inexplicably gets nominated for best actor when the last time he really acted was "One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest". Now he just mugs for the camera and picks up awards for it.

These days he's famous for being famous. If he appeared today without his "legacy" of the past, he'd be ignored.

As Good as it Gets was great, and I'm almost positive Jack did some acting in that.  I thought he was brilliant in it.  I can understand what you're talking about but I think as long as Jack gets the right role then he can do powerful stuff.

dan dirty ape

He's great in About Schmidt too, the ending of which made me sob like a bairn, easily emotionally manipulated as I am.

'Dear Ndugu...'

smoker

Quote from: "dan dirty ape"He's great in About Schmidt too, the ending of which made me sob like a bairn, easily emotionally manipulated as I am.

'Dear Ndugu...'

i was going to say that, but it was a terrible film, really overhyped. dull, nothing happens, not funny, no sympathy for any of the characters.

i thought he was ace in batman and witches of eastwick