Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:05:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paddy Considine as a Bean Bag Child.

Started by Bored of Canada, December 31, 2013, 01:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imogen found me in the car park at Sainsbury's. A paper sack had cornered me by the bins. "I've got a job for you" she said as she drove us through the park.
I was in the back because Rothko was on the Passenger seat. "He likes to see out" said Imogen. I don't, so that was OK.
"I'll be away for a week." she said..."Don't answer the phone but do take Rothko for a walk - if you don't run him off he'll shred the sofa".
She also left labels on parts of the house like "tap" and "cupboard" because last time I'd been sick in a drawer. That was four days ago.
Rothko's sitting on the chair again. Occasionally he looks at the telly. Mostly he's looking at me looking at the telly. It's 2pm.
He doesn't want me here. And I haven't taken him out once."

Glebe

Got confused there for a moment and though this was about Paddy McGuinness. Great pics. I still haven't seen My Wrongs.

Quote from: Glebe on December 31, 2013, 02:42:49 PM
Got confused there for a moment and though this was about Paddy McGuinness. Great pics. I still haven't seen My Wrongs.

Just checked. It's all up on youTube in good quality. The DVD doesn't really come with any substantial special features or anything. So I'd recommend you watch it online.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I once read an interview with Considine where he discussed starring in a short film that he thought was shit. I always wonder if he was referring to My Wrongs.

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on December 31, 2013, 02:55:04 PM
I once read an interview with Considine where he discussed starring in a short film that he thought was shit. I always wonder if he was referring to My Wrongs.

My Wrongs had a bit of a budget behind it at that point, and it seemed Considine came in through Warp films people as opposed to Chris Morris so I'm sure Considine had already done a lot of short films by this point. But they haven't worked together since I don't think, which isn't any evidence in itself obviously, but still, I guess there is a chance he might have been talking about My Wrongs.

Did win a Bafta though, right? I'm sure in retrospect, he'd probably feel alright about it with that in mind.

Glebe

Quote from: Bored of Canada on December 31, 2013, 02:50:17 PMJust checked. It's all up on youTube in good quality. The DVD doesn't really come with any substantial special features or anything. So I'd recommend you watch it online.

Cheers BoC!

Wait, that link off my phone didn't work. Sorry. I mean, I'm sure you found it in a pinch if you just put it in the search bar, but still, here it is if you didn't.

Neil

Huge thanks for these BoC, but have to strongly disagree about the My Wrongs extras. If you can get the original book-type packaging, then DO.  The packaging and - admittedly sparse extras - are utterly amazing, and a huge part of the "puzzle." The "My Wrongs - a reappraisal" thread in this subforum will explain my reasons why, if you're at all interested.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I do love the way that, for his personal DVD releases, post Brass Eye, he's seen the packaging as a way to be a part of the content. The Hardcase 'Ladybird Book' style DVD cases are much more elegant than the typical plastic cases and are used almost in the same way as Vinyl packaging was often a chance to showcase interesting artwork that tonally complemented the media it housed, without explaining it away.

Tiny Poster

Quote from: Bored of Canada on December 31, 2013, 03:07:50 PM
My Wrongs had a bit of a budget behind it at that point, and it seemed Considine came in through Warp films people as opposed to Chris Morris so I'm sure Considine had already done a lot of short films by this point. But they haven't worked together since I don't think, which isn't any evidence in itself obviously, but still, I guess there is a chance he might have been talking about My Wrongs.

Did win a Bafta though, right? I'm sure in retrospect, he'd probably feel alright about it with that in mind.

Considine's only done three shorts, including one he wrote and directed in 2006 (which won a few awards including a BAFTA for Best Short Film). Now, I'm not especially keen on My Wrongs, but I'd assume he was referring to this instead.

Glebe

Watched it, very funny. Could easily fit in to Jam's mind-bending world.

mcbpete

Quote from: Glebe on January 12, 2014, 08:09:06 AM
Watched it, very funny. Could easily fit in to Jam's mind-bending world.
Erm, you do know it was right ? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-U0hdD4ZwY

Glebe

Quote from: Glebe on January 19, 2014, 04:05:13 PM
Ah, right. Must give Jam a rewatch!

It wasn't in Jam though. Although in some of the transitions, you do see a man being dragged along by his dog, the handle of the dog's leash knotted around the owner's neck.
It's in Blue Jam.

momatt

Quote from: Bored of Canada on December 31, 2013, 02:50:17 PM
Just checked. It's all up on youTube in good quality. The DVD doesn't really come with any substantial special features or anything. So I'd recommend you watch it online.

I disagree, the extras on the DVD are fantastic!  Who wouldn't want to own a video remix by OsyMysO?

Kane Jones

Quote from: momatt on January 20, 2014, 02:19:17 PM
I disagree, the extras on the DVD are fantastic!  Who wouldn't want to own a video remix by OsyMysO?

Agreed.  I definitely laugh more at the Barbara Woodhouse thing than I do at My Wrongs.  And I really like My Wrongs.